The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Evening all!! Well that time is upon us again, yes it's Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy semi final time. 2 huge matches to bring you tonight and it's fair to say we haven't been disappointed.
First up tonight we have The_Kincardine v DeeJ.
And with both teams raring to go it's over to Archie McPherson for the match summary.

A stodgy first half with little in the way of clear cut chances. Bit windy out there and I struggled to keep my hair in place throughout. Neither side able to take an advantage and the first half finished all square at 4-4. Second half much more exciting and there were several chances for me to say "whoooooosh" though I'll limit the report to 1. Kincy pushed hard and had DeeJ pushed back for long spells but DeeJ came back one and again with strong replies. By the end of the match there had to be a winner and unfortunately for Kincy it wasn't to be despite his strong resistance. DeeJ managed to nick it right at the end and got the extra point needed to make his way into tomorrow's final. Second half score 6-5 in favour of DeeJ. And so it finished here,
The_Kincardine (4+5) 9 v 10 (4+6) DeeJ.

And now it's over to Jock Brown with the second match.
Here in the second semi final it's Whiterosekillie v FrankieS
Frankie looking to cause an upset though WRK is always up for these big matches with plenty experience to call on. Strong start from both teams with neither side able to open up a big enough lead to gain an advantage going into the half time break. First half finished 5-5. There was no let up in the play second half with both sides continuing to throw everything into the match. Frankie certainly gave his all and was worthy of his semi final place but with WRK in clinical form it was always going to be a big ask. Good scoring from Frankie with a solid 5 but WRK showed why he's always there or thereabouts with a perfect 7/7. Hugely entertaining match here that ended
Whiterosekillie (5+7) 12 v 10 (5+5) FrankieS.

Well there we have it folks, 2 hugely entertaining matches with not a lot to split the sides. Both losers can feel hard done by not to progress but the winners will be looking forward to the final. Can DeeJ get one over WRK take the trophy home or will WRK continue to build on his already impressive total of titles? Well not long to wait as the final will be played tomorrow with the quizzes being made available just after lunch time. We promised you something special for the final and instead of the usual 2 x 7 question quizzes we have 2 x 10 question quizzes specially put together by our very own cockwomble, Cardinal Richelieu. Having already taken the quizzes myself I can see another entertaining match.
So, until tomorrow I'll bid you farewell.

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Any more of this cockwomble chat and I'm instigating my plan for adding colt teams into the cup.

My 6 year old grandson probably couldn't do any worse than I'm doing...

4/10 for Friday. Will this be enough to keep Jacksgrandashire off the bottom? Got crappit heid right, despite having never heard of it. Espoo sounds like a disease, not a city - got it wrong. Only one I was sure of was the Ottomans, although fairly confident on Dubai. Lucky guess on the musical.