The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Afternoon all! Well here it is, it's the Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy Final. Now that the league season is over bar the play-offs it's time to see who takes home the last piece of silverware for February. 2 finalist, 2 quizzes, 1 winner. Will it be the perennial quiz winner Whiterosekillie or will we have a new name on the cup with a DeeJ win? Only time will tell. And with the pipeband now leaving the field it's time for the finalists to line up for the presentations prior to kick off. Usual rules apply though as it's the final we have 2, 10 question quizzes kindly provided by his eminence Cardinal Richelieu. Scores to be PM'd to myself no later than 9am Monday morning though I'm sure I'll be declaring the winner earlier than that given the anticipation for this tie.
As the play-off hopefuls are also taking these quizzes they should remember to PM their scores to The Cardinal who will give ye results in due course.

So the teams are lined up, waiting for the whistle. You can feel the noise from the crowd in yer bones as the whistle blows to start the match. Best of luck to all concerned!!

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/358647/diddly-dee-jam-jar-trophy-final-1
https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/358652/diddly-dee-jam-jar-trophy-final-2

1 hour ago, eckthearab said:

Well done Tynieness on your championship winning season emoji106.png but double congrats to me an Jagfox geting the promotion we so dearly wanted. I'm happy going up in second place emoji6.png I shall be posting cup final quizzes very shortly for WRK and DeeJ. I can tell its gonna be a classic emoji41.png

Cheers mate.  Highlight of my day.

Before we get to the main course of the Cup Final results, here's the starter - the league play-off. A low-scoring round played under difficult conditions. 

gkneil (5) 8 - 5 (3) Cowden0

Interviewed after the match, Gkneil described his team as "Disasters". He cares not one jot for results, it's all about the performance, it would appear. 

Meanwhile, a crushed Cowden0 declared "I refute the charge if betting against myself although it makes a handy excuse", which is clearly bringing the game into disrepute but leads me to ask, "Which bookmaker lets you bet on the quiz league?" ... I'm sticking my house, car and life on WRK in the cup proper. 

Anyway, congrats to gkneil, who will be getting his first taste of top-flight football next season!

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Before we get to the main course of the Cup Final results, here's the starter - the league play-off. A low-scoring round played under difficult conditions. 

gkneil (5) 8 - 5 (3) Cowden0

Interviewed after the match, Gkneil described his team as "Disasters". He cares not one jot for results, it's all about the performance, it would appear. 

Meanwhile, a crushed Cowden0 declared "I refute the charge if betting against myself although it makes a handy excuse", which is clearly bringing the game into disrepute but leads me to ask, "Which bookmaker lets you bet on the quiz league?" ... I'm sticking my house, car and life on WRK in the cup proper. 

Anyway, congrats to gkneil, who will be getting his first taste of top-flight football next season!

Disbelief that I won that with goals to spare. scenes in the dressing room though, pure scenes.

4 hours ago, gkneil said:

Disbelief that I won that with goals to spare. scenes in the dressing room though, pure scenes.

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that @Cardinal Richelieuhasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention]hasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji3][emoji23] I'm gonna take a punt at G. K. Neil.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that @Cardinal Richelieuhasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

Heh. I actually gave that banter the once over in the "patter mill" but it didn't pass muster :) ... sadly, quitting your job in a fit of pique no longer grants one the broo. Worse news ... despite trying to Spud the interview, I've been invited in for a second one. :/

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Answer the questions to the link (will include reference to www.theaustralian.com.au) late Sunday night/early Monday morning depending which hemisphere you live in.

Is that one of the questions? I know the answer to that one.

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

How do I get to Join in with this?

Just to elaborate on Eednud's answer, basically the league runs from Mon - Fri, but because the Ozzies are around 10 hours ahead and are upside down, the Aussie newspaper quiz ends up getting posted the day before, it seems more like Sun - Thu. 

There's also a cup competition you'll automatically be entered into if you join the league. It runs over the course over the month. 

Welcome btw!