The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

4 hours ago, eckthearab said:

Evening all!! Well that time is upon us again, yes it's Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy semi final time. 2 huge matches to bring you tonight and it's fair to say we haven't been disappointed.
First up tonight we have The_Kincardine v DeeJ.
And with both teams raring to go it's over to Archie McPherson for the match summary.

And so it finished here,
The_Kincardine (4+5) 9 v 10 (4+6) DeeJ.

Best wishes to DeeJ in the final.  WRK's a bit of a quizzing machine!

As for today....a meh 5/10 for more mid-table mediocrity.

Bearing in mind Tyniesness's score of eight, I scored 35/10, at least.

If anyone is wondering whether or not it would be better to do the quiz with the best part of two bottles of red down your neck....................

........it made little or no difference. Knew the majority of the ones I got right, and fecked up on Aussie sport (surprise surprise), and Dean Barrow. Dubai was easy - I lived there. Just noticed that I guessed the Aussie cycling question right - there's a first. I've got Mrs AFJ to thank for question 3 and her obsession with WWII related movies. Roll on the "Enemy At The Gates" questions. Espoo question helped by our planning a football trip to a country with a summer league.

Destined never to win, just like Linfield. And Bo'ness United.

3 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Bearing in mind Tyniesness's score of eight, I scored 35/10, at least.

If anyone is wondering whether or not it would be better to do the quiz with the best part of two bottles of red down your neck....................

........it made little or no difference. Knew the majority of the ones I got right, and fecked up on Aussie sport (surprise surprise), and Dean Barrow. Dubai was easy - I lived there. Just noticed that I guessed the Aussie cycling question right - there's a first. I've got Mrs AFJ to thank for question 3 and her obsession with WWII related movies. Roll on the "Enemy At The Gates" questions. Espoo question helped by our planning a football trip to a country with a summer league.

Destined never to win, just like Linfield. And Bo'ness United.

35/10 is a phenomenal score. Well played.

As for myself, I only got 2/10.

I fear my current highest placing of 7th in the league may be short lived.

Misread one on the cup quiz. Saw the word syzygy and instinctively hit the option marked 'astronomy.' Only then realised that the question was asking which of the four fields the term didn't apply to! Never heard the term applied outwith astronomy, so no guarantee I would have got it right anyway, and would still have lost in any case, but not the first time I've failed to read a question properly.

Well played WRK! Great score on a challenging quiz.

Apologies for the wait Tynieness, I'm sure you didn't get a wink of sleep last night! Anyway, it gives me great pleasure to announce that there will be a new name on the P+B Quiz League... yours! 2 points separate you from your stalwart AFJ, who scoops his 2nd place gong and narrowly pips Frankie into S on question difference. They'll be dancing on the streets of Hearts and Linfield this evening. 

Meanwhile, at the other end, Alang1993's decision not to do the quiz until the actual day it's supposed to be done means Edmund and Cowden0 face an agonising wait to see if they're relegated / in the play-offs. Bully Wee Villa has no such worries as he's definitely relegated. Hard lines BWV!

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Tynieness 1x© 1x② 1xBZ 8 8 7 9 8 40
2 Audaces Fortuna Juvat 2x② 9 5 8 8 8 38
3 Frankie S 1x© 1x② 8 8 7 8 7 38
4 WILLIEA 1x© 7 7 6 7 8 35
5 WhiteRoseKillie 10x© 3x② 8 8 7 7 4 34
6 Scotfree   7 6 7 8 6 34
7 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 7 8 6 6 7 34
8 Deej 1x© 4x② 1xBZ 5 9 6 6 8 34
9 The_Kincardine   3 7 7 7 5 29
10 Ross.   7 7 3 5 6 28
11 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 4 6 7 5 6 28
12 Alang1993 6x© 3x② 1xBZ 6 7 2 5 8 28
13 Cardinal Richelieu 1xBZ 6 5 7 3 5 26
14 Cowden0 1xBZ 4 7 4 6 4 25
15 Eednud 4x② 1xBZ 3 5 6 5 6 25
16 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 4 5 3 5 5 22

And in the seaside league, congrats to Jagfox99 and Eckthearab, who bounce back up to the Big Boys League. Congrats also to gkneil's late charge which will see him in the play-offs, which we'll have once Alang1993 deigns to post his score!

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Jagfox99 2xBZ 6 7 5 6 5 29
2 Eckthearab 6x② 1xBZ 6 7 5 5 5 28
3 gkneil   6 6 4 4 7 27
4 Peasy23   4 5 5 7 5 26
5 Blackislekillie 2xBZ 5 4 5 6 5 25
6 Livi Lion   5 6 2 6 4 23
7 SlipperyP   4 3 5 6 4 22
8 Welshbairn   6 3 3 5 4 21
9 Swarley   4 5 2 4 6 21
10 Dee Man   4 3 5 6 2 20
11 Jacksgranda   3 3 5 5 4 20
12 BigBo10   6 3 1 5 5 20
13 Gman_1985   3 7 4 3 2 19
14 Dee_62   4 3 3 7 2 19
15 Supermik   3 5 3 5 3 19
16 Die Hard Doonhamer   6 3 0 3 2 14
17 Marr1   3 5 4 2   14

Good luck to everyone (sorry, both of you) in the cup later!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Well done Tynieness on your championship winning season [emoji106] but double congrats to me an Jagfox geting the promotion we so dearly wanted. I'm happy going up in second place [emoji6] I shall be posting cup final quizzes very shortly for WRK and DeeJ. I can tell its gonna be a classic [emoji41]

Cheers Mr 1993. That means that we have our play-off between two league newcomers .... @cowden0 and @gkneil. Rather than post a tie-break question, they can both do the cup final quizzes that Eck will be posting soon - then PM their scores to me.