The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Great to see bonus points dividing opinion. Maybe we could do a darts-style split and have the PQC and BQO  ... one with bonus points, arbitrary relegations / promotions and too much influence from the Vatican - and the other without?

Or here's another idea. For Christmas, I got given a book of "Lateral Thinking Puzzles" ... I could pose one at the start of each week and anyone who gets it right gets 2 points / or close gets 1 point. I promise you I've only looked at a few of them so far ... a common one is "An old hat, two lumps of coal and a carrot lie in a muddy field with no footprints... how did they get there?" ...

Let's have a trial run. Anyone who gets the right answer can have a greenie (and I throw greenies around like manhole covers - I wouldn't even give one to The Holy Father himself unless he posted a particularly amusing GIF or an original and salient point regarding Celtic's January signings). You can put your answers in spoilers / PM me if you like but - to be honest - there's no fucking point cos nobody is getting this:

"Two men sit round a table and don't say a word for 2 hours. No-one else is in the room. Suddenly, one leaps up with glee before collapsing in agony. What happened?"

Post cup win blues continued with a 4/10 for Wednesday.

The room had a low ceiling and the fud battered his head off it when he leaped with glee. He leaped with glee because he is a fud.

16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Post cup win blues continued with a 4/10 for Wednesday.

The room had a low ceiling and the fud battered his head off it when he leaped with glee. He leaped with glee because he is a fud.

No, but the real answer isn't much worse. I'll reveal after I post the league tables. 

9 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Snowman

that was the easy obvious one. Not this contrived bollocks!

15 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Winner of the chess game had heart attack when he just won.

I'll give you that. The real answer is even worse. He did indeed win a game of chess ... but when he leapt up he collapsed ... because he had a dead leg. Wish i'd brought the book to work so I could take a picture. 

Well, I can safely say that this "lateral puzzles" idea was the worst I've ever had. Even worse than Tynie's "relegate someone just cos you feel like it" idea. 

He could have signed "checkmate"? Maybe both players are deaf.

Valid point.
Pishe. You do not need to say anything.

Fair fucks. Never played chess. Everyday’s a school day.
Please note, it was more just to say “f**k you” to Cardigan Richard (still outraged) a la “get it up ye Winston! Eh, Tam” in Still Game. Jokes are always the best when you need to explain them.