The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I would hate for yourself Cardy to have to drop out. Although the Aussie questions usually catch me out also, it does give a greater sense of satisfaction if a guess is correct and the score is decent. But at the same time I wouldn't miss them lol. I will happily hand back the cup duties to yourself if you feel it would make a difference. Overall I come on this thread daily because i enjoy it. Never any hostility or abuse and some decent characters. Regarding the cup quiz used, there is a substantial archive available and it's one I enjoy since bringing it into the cup. So I guess you could say I'm an abstainer with regards change as I'll be here whether change happens or not. Hope that helps [emoji33][emoji23][emoji23]

21 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

FFS! 

Just out of interest, for the "no change" voters, what's your reasoning? 

There is something enjoyable about the oddness of the questions that come out the Aussie version.  Furthermore I echo the sentiments of those who feel it would be a shame to see you drop out.

There is something enjoyable about the oddness of the questions that come out the Aussie version.  Furthermore I echo the sentiments of those who feel it would be a shame to see you drop out.

^^^ exactly this

I guess that swings it. Cheers for the sentiments chaps. Having said that, I do enjoy creating those quizzes on Qzzr and the feedback has generally been positive (or at least "not negative") so perhaps Eck will let me create a cup quiz for him at some point!

In addition to the main cup... we could have a weekly League Cup... first round Monday Final on Friday. You could set questions for that? Or people could take it in turns to do a week as it wouldn't f**k the leagues up to have different people opting in or out.

In addition to the main cup... we could have a weekly League Cup... first round Monday Final on Friday. You could set questions for that? Or people could take it in turns to do a week as it wouldn't f**k the leagues up to have different people opting in or out.

I like this idea of a league cup during the week. Could be posted at the same time as the league post. Problem with ties. What would happen?
Also to add, it could be all pre drawn from the week before final league positions. Seeded, as they do on the golf world matchplay. 1 v 32......

I guess that swings it. Cheers for the sentiments chaps. Having said that, I do enjoy creating those quizzes on Qzzr and the feedback has generally been positive (or at least "not negative") so perhaps Eck will let me create a cup quiz for him at some point!

With regard the current cup, I'm more than happy doing it but Cardy can take it back if he or anyone else thinks this could solve the problem. I certainly wouldn't take it the wrong way as I've had some good comments regards the quizzes I've put up and am appreciative of this. I'm all for the greater good of the thread though and I'm always available to help if needed. Either that or Cardy can create a super quiz for the finals?

Right, Cup News!!!!

I've just received 2 scores which helps complete 2 of the ties.

Whiterosekillie v Blackislekilie

This was always going to be a massive match up and so it proved. WRK being our most successful quizzers to date and BIK, who has been there or thereabouts several times in the league trying to provide a shock. WRK came flying out the traps and put BIK under pressure and took the first half 6-4. BIK came out resurgent in the second and pushed WRK all the way and indeed won the second half. Unfortunately for BIK it wasn't to be enough as despite taking the second 6-5, he exits the cup by a single point.

Whiterosekillie (6+5) 11 v 10 (4+6) Blackislekilie

FrankieS v Welshbairn

A good first half from both here with good scoring on both sides. Frankie however managed to just edge the first 6-5. Second half proved slightly more 1 sided though as Welshbairn just couldn't seem to find an answer to Frankie's consistency. FrankieS taking the second 5-3.

FrankieS (6+5) 11 v 8 (5+3) Welshbairn

So we're still awaiting 3 sets of scores from Kincy, DeeJ and Jagfox to complete the last 8 ties. C'mon guys, fingers oot!!

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

First, I've updated the Beazer Homes League to include Marr's and GKNeil's scores. Apologies for missing them!

So, if I tot up the votes (including my own) and ignore the fence-sitters, it appears to be 7-6 for a change. Anybody else want to voice an opinion?

If we do go with a change, I would post a list of 5 topics every Sunday ... and then each team can choose which category gets them double points (and if they don't choose a topic, they automatically get Friday's total doubled). Remember we still have the Aussie quiz as back-up if required. 

I'll be a stick in the mud.  What we have now is working, sustainable and good fun and hasn't a single point of failure.

I'd keep with the Aussie quiz for the league and if we innovate we use the cup for that.