The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

17 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well the previous fleg was Japan, so unless they're launching an audacious and somewhat unlikely attempt to join the EU, I'm guessing it's something else!

I fear for Maddie personally.

39 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's with the different flags Kincardine? I like 'em!

35 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is it a pro-EU statement from Kincy?

I've made myself unpopular been myself on the politics thread by deprecating Brexit whilst detesting The SNP.  This particular fleg is to welcome our new Portuguese/Portugese gaffer.  The only European country Britain has never been to war with?  I'm pretty sure that's a quiz answer.  Thank me later.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've made myself unpopular been myself on the politics thread by deprecating Brexit whilst detesting The SNP.  This particular fleg is to welcome our new Portuguese/Portugese gaffer.  The only country European Britain has never been to war with?  I'm pretty sure that's a quiz answer.  Thank me later.

We've been at war with Andorra and Moldova?!

So what was the story with the Japanese fleg?

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

We've been at war with Andorra and Moldova?!

So what was the story with the Japanese fleg?

Moldova?  Pretty sure they were part of the Romanian crew who allied themselves with The Axis 'powers' in WW2 for a while.  Interestingly enough if you get a taxi from Bucharest airport to Ploiești as I've done a few times, there's a commonwealth war graves cemetery on the RHS about an hour after the airport.

The Japanese fleg?  All to do with taking my wee yin for Sushi (her favourite meal) and hee haw to do with my laughing with those obsessed by red dots.  Merely a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Moldova?  Pretty sure they were part of the Romanian crew who allied themselves with The Axis 'powers' in WW2 for a while.  Interestingly enough if you get a taxi from Bucharest airport to Ploiești as I've done a few times, there's a commonwealth war graves cemetery on the RHS about an hour after the airport.

The Japanese fleg?  All to do with taking my wee yin for Sushi (her favourite meal) and hee haw to do with my laughing with those obsessed by red dots.  Merely a coincidence.

Was being flippant re: Moldova. When I was in Romania a few years ago, I was chatting up a lovely lass. For some reason, I started talking about Tony Hawk's book "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis" ... I then started telling her some more about the country (which really fascinates me) and she was very sweet and nodded / smiled appreciatively. After a while, I thought I should ask her a bit about herself. 

"So where do you come from?"

"Moldova". 

f**k. 

Anyway, do you take fleg requests?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Was being flippant re: Moldova. When I was in Romania a few years ago, I was chatting up a lovely lass. For some reason, I started talking about Tony Hawk's book "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis" ... I then started telling her some more about the country (which really fascinates me) and she was very sweet and nodded / smiled appreciatively. After a while, I thought I should ask a bit about herself. 

"Moldova". 

You're just the George Clooney of the quiz thread...such an easy facility for attracting wimmin.

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Was being flippant re: Moldova. When I was in Romania a few years ago, I was chatting up a lovely lass. For some reason, I started talking about Tony Hawk's book "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis" ... I then started telling her some more about the country (which really fascinates me) and she was very sweet and nodded / smiled appreciatively. After a while, I thought I should ask her a bit about herself. 

"Moldova". 

f**k. 

Anyway, do you take fleg requests?

I chatted up a bird at Moldova airport as well in 2003 on my way to Albania to watch the Dee in Europe. Alas our short lived relationship didn't get very far due to an inconsiderate pilot deciding he had to fly somewhere.

Anyway, I got the first 3 wrong and last 7 right. 7/10.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

You're just the George Clooney of the quiz thread...such an easy facility for attracting wimmin.

Most of my burd anecdotes revolve around me trying and failing to get in about the fairer sex!

Like the time after I dislocated my shoulder and my arm was in a sling. Getting the tube home and a wee bit "Bully Wee Villaed", I started chatting up some lassie. Twas a while ago and I can't remember exactly what happened, but the ink was barely dry on our agreement to go out on a date when she dropped her ticket, and being the perfect gentleman, I picked it up with my "bad arm". She stood up, loudly proclaimed me to be a charlatan in front of the whole carriage, then marched off the train indignantly.