The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If I was going to join one of them, which would you recommend? (as you can see from my league and cup performances, I very much blow hot and cold!). 

Both of these leagues work on a referral system, and I (or another member) would have to personally know (and vouch for) the person referred. Learned League is an American League and is very US-centric. 2020 is based in the U.K., but is international in outlook. Both of them attract the top ranked quizzers from across the world, so the competition is tough, to say the least. I tend to languish in the lower leagues (having suffered recent relegations in both leagues recently), down among the mere mortals of the quizzing fraternity, while the titans of the quizzing scene squabble over the honours in the upper echelons.

There are monthly qualifying quizzes (proctored 100 question quizzes) in Edinburgh and Glasgow, which get you onto the ladder for both national (UK) and international rankings, and in due course can lead to referrals for these online leagues. If you are interested in getting involved, feel free to PM me and I'll supply details.

Edited by Frankie S

Maybe we should split the League into conferences like NHL, MLS etc. So 3 x12 with the Eastern conference being the Aussie quizzers plus Slippery P, Ross and the eastern most based Scottish and/or English. Then again maybe we shouldn't.