Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

16 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Still enjoying the Gladiators reboot, but are the Gladiators themselves a but rubbish? 

That's every game of gauntlet been a piece of piss for the contenders and a few other games the contenders are cruising.

Enjoying Gladiators, mainly due to being of an age where it was a weekly thing to sit down as a family to watch it when I was younger, and now I’m the parent watching it with my kids. Feels.

Trying not to compare to the old Glads is difficult, but nostalgia has a habit of making the past seem better than it was.

Get the sense that the reboot is still finding its feet. Some events like gauntlet and Edge need binned for being too easy. I want to watch contenders get gubbed as a rule.

I quite like that they show a human side to most of the gladiators e.g. locker room chat while retain some OTT characters like Legend and Viper (both of whom appear to be shit at their jobs) to give the kids someone to boo at. 

I think a couple of series and a celebrity special will be enough to call this a success. 

Something for everyone, if you can adopt the mindset of your younger, less cynical self.

Awooga. 

" He Kills Coppers " - STV I player

Both - very well done IMHO but the 

actual murderer was caught after three months or so and consequently could not show the world what a wonderful painter he was , could not slit the throat of the guy from " Shetland " and could not show the anarchists real anarchy

Both sides of the coin here. 

Just came across a snippet of Jeopardy! UK and all of the comments are abusing a trans woman who is a contestant. She’s replying to them all bamming them up and they’re getting even more ragin, fair play. 

Conversely, the aforementioned contestant on Jeopardy! UK is clearly a seasoned quizzer because she’s been on Mastermind and Only Connect before, and she’s a smug b*****d about it. 

So called "celebrities" on Weakest Link proving to be thicker than shite.  They are supposed to be playing for charity but find their own thickness amusing. Case in point Janet Street Porter who could not subtract 17 from 35 and she was one of the more intelligent ones.

14 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

Jeopardy! UK

I don't understand why Americans love this quiz format so much. Very dull, pedestrian and slow. The way the questions are set mean you can often get whole sections where nobody gets an answer (there's a clip that popped up on my Facebook from the American version where it was "Hall of Famer positions" and none of the contestants were sports fans so one of them got that Joe Montana was a Quarterback but they didn't get any of the rest). Even the likibility of Stephen Fry can't save it IMO.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't understand why Americans love this quiz format so much. Very dull, pedestrian and slow. The way the questions are set mean you can often get whole sections where nobody gets an answer (there's a clip that popped up on my Facebook from the American version where it was "Hall of Famer positions" and none of the contestants were sports fans so one of them got that Joe Montana was a Quarterback but they didn't get any of the rest). Even the likibility of Stephen Fry can't save it IMO.

You've answered yourself.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Kin

BBC/RTE

Lots of Irish lads with beards shooting folk and getting shot whilst the good lady (below, right) emerges as the brains of the operation. 

image.jpeg.ff166e3b0ad95c1d110c750eeb784664.jpeg

I too only recently discovered this, and having recently read a book about the Kinahan organisation its pretty clear that inspired them to make this. Season 2 coming on the BBC soon but its available through more nefarious means now. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I too only recently discovered this, and having recently read a book about the Kinahan organisation its pretty clear that inspired them to make this. Season 2 coming on the BBC soon but its available through more nefarious means now. 

You’d easily get cast in it. Look forward to seeing you in season 3.

On 17/01/2024 at 13:15, velo army said:

Can't see a thread for it, but I'm watching The Tourist series 2 at the moment. Two takeaways at the moment. Danielle McDonald is fucking gorgeous and Ethan is by far and away my favourite character in this series. The actor does such a good job but it seems that every moment he has on screen is laugh out loud funny. Very understated and absurd. Fantastic.

Delish

" The Field of Blood ". -  STV I player

Very , very good imho. I thought it was going to fall apart at the end but it didn't .

Packed quite a few items into 2 hours

I was going to say I was surprised that not all the unpleasant, sexist journalists were Scottish but David Morrissey was a good un' in the end

Spoiler

Sad ending and I hope she is not with child to spoil her blossoming career

On 22/01/2024 at 23:11, Derry Pele said:

Both sides of the coin here. 

Just came across a snippet of Jeopardy! UK and all of the comments are abusing a trans woman who is a contestant. She’s replying to them all bamming them up and they’re getting even more ragin, fair play. 

Conversely, the aforementioned contestant on Jeopardy! UK is clearly a seasoned quizzer because she’s been on Mastermind and Only Connect before, and she’s a smug b*****d about it. 

Aye it's definitely the latter part for me. She has such a punchable face. Smug as f**k as you say. Looks like a complete arsehole tbh. 

On 23/01/2024 at 08:43, Hard Graft said:

So called "celebrities" on Weakest Link proving to be thicker than shite.  They are supposed to be playing for charity but find their own thickness amusing. Case in point Janet Street Porter who could not subtract 17 from 35 and she was one of the more intelligent ones.

Even when they make the celebrity questions so much easier. 

14 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

" The Field of Blood ". -  STV I player

Very , very good imho. I thought it was going to fall apart at the end but it didn't .

Packed quite a few items into 2 hours

I was going to say I was surprised that not all the unpleasant, sexist journalists were Scottish but David Morrissey was a good un' in the end

Reveal hidden contents

Sad ending and I hope she is not with child to spoil her blossoming career

Spoiler

I did not realise there was a second series . 

She is pregnant at the end of this one and he is married !

He did give her some useful information though !

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

On 09/01/2024 at 22:53, eindhovendee said:

@rambling syd rumpo has been publicising this on Twitter for a long time, guessing he'll be pleased it's finally getting the air time it deserves. 

Pleased is an understatement. The trouble is I've been inundated since Mr Bates aired. I'm struggling to keep up with all the requests for information, comment, interviews. I haven't had time to check out the usual football forums and sites.
The scandal touches many of the areas I've worked in so I know how these jobs should be done. I am raging about how badly Fujitsu and the Post Office have acted. That's why I got involved.

Was watching a programme on Friday night about house extensions on channel 4 with rapper tinie tempah. First homes under the hammer with dion dublin and now this. Tune into Bargain Hunt tomorrow with stormzy.

On 23/01/2024 at 13:43, Salvo Montalbano said:

American version is much more fast-paced than the English one, I’m lead to believe.

Fry isn’t a good presenter for this show, yet.

You'd never get tired of punching that smug contestant. Seemed like a p***k.

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

American version is much more fast-paced than the English one, I’m lead to believe.

Fry isn’t a good presenter for this show, yet.

You'd never get tired of punching that smug contestant. Seemed like a p***k.

Aye, the UK version is particularly slow but even the US version I find a bit dull. Not as tedious as the "Celebrity Jeopardy!" Sketches from Saturday Night Live that also pop up on my timeline mind you. Not sure I'll ever get why they find that shite funny.