What's the worst thing you've seen posted on here?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who had a row with the St Johnstone lassie, then turned up behind her at a game?  *alzheimers*

DarkBlue62??

I think the full story is on the "Posters you would like to see banned" thread.

ETA: Question marks. Wasn't sure if it was ClydeNewcomer or DB62. 

Who had a row with the St Johnstone lassie, then turned up behind her at a game?  *alzheimers*

The St Johnstone fan was SaintSam, the Clyde fan was Clyde Til We Die.

I'm not sure if SaintSam posts on Pie and Bovril anymore but about nine or 10 years ago she was pretty popular and a bit of a minx (for want to a better expression). Given that she was one of the only prominent women on the forum, she was pretty popular with a number of the boys, myself included. She was bright, whip-smart and would always give as good on she got. Big Clyde Til We Die (CTWD) was a fan of hers too. I'm not sure if he posts on the forum anymore either but he was a (reformed?) casual and spent most of his time on the Booze thread writing stuff like: "Having a couple of lines and some Bud, going down well" and posting pictures of Paul & Shark jerseys he'd purchased.

I think he used to send her messages on here and tried to become her online friend on Bebo and Facebook - so far, so Kilt - but the relationship took a strange and unusual dimension when he pitched up at St Johnstone's match with Partick Thistle one afternoon. The game was at Firhill and, despite having no connection with either side, he stole himself into the away support and sat a couple of seats behind her. They didn't speak, they didn't interact with one another; he just sat there. CTWD denied the whole thing ever happened but his behaviour was roundly condemned on the board.

I also think CTWD tried set up a fake profile on MSN, posing as a young Hamilton Academical fan, with the attempt of getting nude photos from her, but he was rumbled. Some of those details might be slightly haphazard but I'm sure they're more or less bang on. For what it's worth, I met CTWD at the Pie and Bovril five-a-sides tournament back in 2007 or 2008 and he's actually alright. Wouldn't mess with him, that's for sure.

Oh Jesus f**k. I honestly can't believe I flipped my lid about other folk going away to enjoy themselves. I've improved my social circle a good bit since, and I think a lot of that rant was down to me not having the group of friends over here (east Lothian) that I did back in Kirkcaldy. However I don't agree with anyone labelling me a "stalker" over the matter.

I haven't really used the General Nonsense section of this forum over the last couple of years so I'm pretty out of the loop on a number of key issues but there's something sad and disappointing to see Philpy's the same oddball he was when he first joined; nothing has changed over the last decade. In a post a couple of pages back, I mentioned his "poor run of form between 2006 and 2008" but that run looks like it's extended to a decade.

Archived