People who have changed from undecided/no to yes

conboyhibs

Good post.

I have heard several similar sentiments over the last week. The currency issue really has been an absolute cluster f**k for the Yes camp.

'Absolute clusterfuck for the Yes Camp' yet polls show that after Osbornes threats on currency more people have turned to YES. Gid eeen :lol:

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I was a yes voter but if its true we will need to change currency and pay higher interest rates then I may well change my mind.

You'll be paying 1.5% higher interest rates after a NO vote, FACT, who knows what interest rate we'll have if we vote YES.

Originally I would say I was undecided mainly due to not knowing an awful lot about either sides arguments, if you had pushed me I probably would have gone with no. However, after taking the time to look in to it in quite a bit of depth a yes vote become more and more obvious as the only choice. The main reason for me is the opportunity to free ourselves from the burden that is London, everything in the UK is geared towards bringing more business and more money in to London to the detriment of everywhere else even the rest of England.

The BT campaign of how Scotland needs the UK to be a major player/Scotland is subsidised by the rest of the UK etc are all complete shite. If Scotland was such a drain on funds in the UK then why is there even a BT campaign? I am also completely content with an independent Scotland not having a major say on the International scene. I do not care for expensive foreign wars that drain public funds. We have no use for such an astronomically large army with bases being systematically shut all over Scotland. We have no use for nuclear weapons.

Another reason for leaving the union is to be free from the burden of contributing to the high speed rail link - the portion to Scotland will be cancelled anyway when the time comes, independent or not. These were the main reasons for my change to a yes, the task now is to convince others to do so. My flatmate will be the most difficult to convince simply because he is an idiot when it comes to politics. He is a staunch no despite having no actual reason for doing so but refuses to be swayed.

Originally I would say I was undecided mainly due to not knowing an awful lot about either sides arguments, if you had pushed me I probably would have gone with no. However, after taking the time to look in to it in quite a bit of depth a yes vote become more and more obvious as the only choice. The main reason for me is the opportunity to free ourselves from the burden that is London, everything in the UK is geared towards bringing more business and more money in to London to the detriment of everywhere else even the rest of England.

The BT campaign of how Scotland needs the UK to be a major player/Scotland is subsidised by the rest of the UK etc are all complete shite. If Scotland was such a drain on funds in the UK then why is there even a BT campaign? I am also completely content with an independent Scotland not having a major say on the International scene. I do not care for expensive foreign wars that drain public funds. We have no use for such an astronomically large army with bases being systematically shut all over Scotland. We have no use for nuclear weapons.

Another reason for leaving the union is to be free from the burden of contributing to the high speed rail link - the portion to Scotland will be cancelled anyway when the time comes, independent or not. These were the main reasons for my change to a yes, the task now is to convince others to do so. My flatmate will be the most difficult to convince simply because he is an idiot when it comes to politics. He is a staunch no despite having no actual reason for doing so but refuses to be swayed.

Just sounds like your common or garden NO voter.

However, after taking the time to look in to it in quite a bit of depth a yes vote become more and more obvious as the only choice.

This, for me, is why I'm fairly confident of a "yes" vote in September.

As the time approaches, more and more don't knows will find themselves having to research the facts to help them decide. And it is my true belief that ANYONE with a right mind, presented with all the facts at hand, can ONLY choose yes. To be frank, only a moron would vote no. IMO, of course.

It's ashame he is an Arbroath lad too, expect better of my fellow smokies.

Does anyone else think this Ecto chap is coming across a bit like Magee/ Seamus?

Similar pishy wind up chat, imo.

Nothing worse than a couple of keyboard cowboys, no crime in having a different point of view, did not realise we were in North Korea, quicker this vote is out of the way the better and we can get back to normal, just saying

Nothing worse than a couple of keyboard cowboys, no crime in having a different point of view, did not realise we were in North Korea, quicker this vote is out of the way the better and we can get back to normal, just saying

A keyboard cowboy? Settle. You haven't actually said your point of view, you've came away with a strange statement saying you don't know any YES voters, maybe you don't but this is Arbroath, like Lichtgilphead said the majority I've heard from are Pro Indy.

You've replied to everything else with a coward shout. Which is pretty embarassing...

You then said you hated Salmond and that it was all about Salmond, for someone to pull you up on it, for you to then contradict yourself saying what you thought about him has no bearing at all.

You haven't actually gave your opinion on why you are against Independence, so nobody is actually attacking you on that at all mate?

And for what it's worth I can't wait either, full weekend of celebrating my new Independent nation. Should be magic!! ;)

This, for me, is why I'm fairly confident of a "yes" vote in September.

As the time approaches, more and more don't knows will find themselves having to research the facts to help them decide. And it is my true belief that ANYONE with a right mind, presented with all the facts at hand, can ONLY choose yes. To be frank, only a moron would vote no. IMO, of course.

Tend to agree it's almost impossible to see the facts and reach any other conclusion. The other excuse I've come across is selfishness - "My life's fine and I don't want to risk that..."

No bother, so we'll just not give a shit about the poor who are having to go to food banks to eat, the soldiers who are being sent to die in illegal wars, the disabled who are getting benefits cut...

A keyboard cowboy? Settle. You haven't actually said your point of view, you've came away with a strange statement saying you don't know any YES voters, maybe you don't but this is Arbroath, like Lichtgilphead said the majority I've heard from are Pro Indy.

You've replied to everything else with a coward shout. Which is pretty embarassing...

You then said you hated Salmond and that it was all about Salmond, for someone to pull you up on it, for you to then contradict yourself saying what you thought about him has no bearing at all.

You haven't actually gave your opinion on why you are against Independence, so nobody is actually attacking you on that at all mate?

And for what it's worth I can't wait either, full weekend of celebrating my new Independent nation. Should be magic!! ;)

Think you will find I have given my reasons, look back the threads

never ever said I hated Salmond, do dislike much he stands for, but it is all about him, his political legacy depends on what happens in September, any other than a yes vote, must make him a failure

I really don't know any person who is going to vote yes, don't get your point about this is Arbroath, not everyone in Arbroath votes SNP or is in favour of independence

anyone who insults or berates anyone through a keyboard, is a coward

think the weekend after the vote, you may be doing many things, don't think celebrating will not be one of them

The last 10 days have not gone well for the Yes Campaign and they have had a bit of a panic and a few cracks have been exposed, with very few answers

Latest odds from Ladbrokes 1/5 No. 7/2 Yes 8)

never ever said I hated Salmond, do dislike much he stands for, but it is all about him, his political legacy depends on what happens in September, any other than a yes vote, must make him a failure

I really don't know any person who is going to vote yes, don't get your point about this is Arbroath, not everyone in Arbroath votes SNP or is in favour of independence

think the weekend after the vote, you may be doing many things, don't think celebrating will not be one of them

The last 10 days have not gone well for the Yes Campaign and they have had a bit of a panic and a few cracks have been exposed, with very few answers

That's great odds for a yes vote considering we probably have at least 40% of the vote with 7 months to go. It also helps that the no vote is soft as shite. Everybody from where I am from is a no voter and most of the ones I have spoken to think it is already one and wont bother their arse turning. Good on them.

Hopefully the odds continue to widen and people like yourself continue with the "its game over" attitude.

That's great odds for a yes vote considering we probably have at least 40% of the vote with 7 months to go. It also helps that the no vote is soft as shite. Everybody from where I am from is a no voter and most of the ones I have spoken to think it is already one and wont bother their arse turning. Good on them.

Hopefully the odds continue to widen and people like yourself continue with the "its game over" attitude.

Surely the Yes campaign's biggest fear is that they may have already peaked

Apart from the white paper its not even started yet and we have had the currency and "i need support for my un secretary general bid" barroso comments about the joining the eu and the polls are closing

You just lump on your bookies odds if your that confident

Not a fear for me. The no sides biggest fear is how soft their support is. A fear they have realised in the last few weeks. If they do not come up with a positive vision for the union then it will be very hard for them to gain anymore votes imo. All the traffic is moving towards yes and NO don't like it one bit.

Apart from the white paper its not even started yet and we have had the currency and "i need support for my un secretary general bid" barroso comments about the joining the eu and the polls are closing

You just lump on your bookies odds if your that confident

They have played their biggest hands too early and all YES has had to do is sit back and watch. We have still to start our advertising splurge plus we have not played any cards yet. And we are still gaining :) All to.play for.

I never insulted you though? I just said I thought your comments were poor. As for the rest of your post read up. Everyone else sums this up perfectly. And it's not about who votes SNP aswell get that out of your skull. No positives have been given for the NO campaign and they have pulled there 2 biggest scare story cards out the bag already and all it has done is backfire!!! You go and put your mortgage on a NO vote mate. ;)

The fact that you think it's all about Salmond just shows how very little you know. And, imo, it's the No campaign who have peaked. After the spectacular mis-fire of Gideon's threatening speech, they have nothing left but scare tactics. such as Alistair Darling's latest disgusting threat, telling Scottish voluntary organisations that they won't get lottery funding in an independent Scotland.

No voters offer NO reasons why it's better together, yet the Yes camp have given a plethora of reasons why Independence will be the better option.

No have nothing left. Their tank is empty. Watch the polls continue to narrow. I cannot wait.

Archived