The Alloa Athletic Thread

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Well if what you are saying is true it a big let down to the fans who take thier football more seriously , No pride either,  you can sugar coat it all you want but that result is a disgrace .

Reports Ive heard are that 5 Alloa fans made the trip to Cappielow, so in reality how serious was anyone taking it? Im glad the fixture was treated with the contempt it deserved.

No surprise that our pal pops up on here less than an hour after full time to pile on. Knows quite a bit about the team for someone who has refused to attend games for approximately a year.

Absolute red neck of a result, but give me 6 points from the next 2 games and I couldnt care a jot about it.

41 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Reports Ive heard are that 5 Alloa fans made the trip to Cappielow

Good on them and yes i was not making the trip for that fixture more because of the opposition

If we do gain 6 points next two games it will as you say all be forgotten , we will will see , calling for the manager is just too much at this point 

but i would be lying if i said i wasn't slightly worried

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Reports Ive heard are that 5 Alloa fans made the trip to Cappielow, so in reality how serious was anyone taking it? Im glad the fixture was treated with the contempt it deserved.

No surprise that our pal pops up on here less than an hour after full time to pile on. Knows quite a bit about the team for someone who has refused to attend games for approximately a year.

Absolute red neck of a result, but give me 6 points from the next 2 games and I couldnt care a jot about it.

I would've said about a dozen. It was the section to the right as I was looking to it that had Alloa fans in it.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ally Roy incoming?

Screenshot_2023-09-27-17-50-38-41_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

My understanding of the rules has been that at this stage only loans from clubs higher in the pyramid are permitted. This also seems to be the thoughts of The Press and Journal reporter discussing Ferguson at ICT bringing in players. I don't see how both scenarios can be correct. This is one of the times that the @Skyline Driftersignal needs to be shone into the night sky.

Screenshot_20230927-225101.thumb.png.5ce2e23c1ccd970bb58245ffefef86dd.png

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Typo

29 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

My understanding of the rules has been that at this stage only loans from clubs higher in the pyramid are permitted. This also seems to be the thoughts of The Press and Journal reporter discussing Ferguson at ICT bringing in players. I don't see how both scenarios can be correct. This is one of the times that the @Skyline Driftersignal needs to be shone into the night sky.

Same league is definitely allowed as well. As we loaned someone to Kelty. Not sure what the rules are on lower levels though.

9 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

You remember Nicky Low going to Arbroath from East Stirlingshire on loan?

Fairly sure it's loans in Scotland out with the top tier, there's just almost never a market for player being loaned up tiers.

Journalists seem to frequently have that misunderstanding because top flight clubs aren't allowed to loan players after the summer window closes while everyone at a lower level has the loan window to the end of September, but there's definitely no restriction on what level of Scottish football the loanee comes from.

20 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ally Roy incoming?

Screenshot_2023-09-27-17-50-38-41_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Could they not have printed a picture of him in another clubs top? He's had plenty clubs, why did they have to rub it in that he was once at QoS. Seriously, yes seriously, I may be in a very low minority but I didn't think he was as bad as a lot of our fans made out. Worked hard, scored a few goals, but struggled to get game time after an injury. Doubt if many fans of his previous clubs will be overly complimentary though. Good luck to him. 

I just can't see this being true and if it is very worrying indeed.

Tried to find him in the Lowland League top scorers and he is way down the list with two goals.

The legend that is Liam Buchanan has eight.

Maybe we will loan Ben Armour from Stranraer as well to create a dynamic duo.

He's obviously not a goalscorer; you could only imagine that BR sees something in him that might enable other players to score more.

This would be a very bad time to be bringing in makeweights to fill out the squad, or rolling dice out of desperation.

7 hours ago, printer said:

Would be reasonably happy with this signing. Not got a prolific scoring record, but starts with a clean slate and I'll judge him on his performances for Alloa (should he indeed sign). Another forward option is positive.

Well I know one club for certain that Roy will score against (not that it's a particularly hard task tbf) ... 🫤