The Alloa Athletic Thread

Meggatt leaves Ayr due to work commitments and looking for a part time team. Would be good to see him back especially if Waters goes which I would suspect is the case

Absolutely. Not going to get a better replacement for Waters than Meggatt or Docherty.

Perfect scenario get them both & put Sparky in centre mid where he is more effective for me.

Of course Waters staying on would be a massive boost. Meggatt can comfortably play alongside Andy.

[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

The Orrock twins that I knew were from Burntisland so not too far away.
Incidentally, on the back road to Kirkcaldy there is an Orrock Quarry.

Pretty sure he ended up back in Fife after retiring from football (and selling his billiard hall in Alloa). Whilst research him I found a reference to him going to watch games at Starks in later life. He also appeared when Falkirk won the cup in 1957, presenting his lucky horse shoe from 1913 to the Bairns captain. 

Excellent news. Flannigan when fit is a real class act. His injury problems weren't too bad at all last season and hopefully that will continue. The return of Meggatt looks like an excellent piece of business, a great player for us previously and very capable at LB or CB. 

Excellent news. Flannigan when fit is a real class act. His injury problems weren't too bad at all last season and hopefully that will continue. The return of Meggatt looks like an excellent piece of business, a great player for us previously and very capable at LB or CB. 

Flannie is without a doubt our most creative player when on his game...very happy we've kept him...
Great signing Meggatt back, just hope that doesn't mean that wee Callum is away although will be very surprised if he's still in an Alloa shirt next season as very capable of playing at a higher level...

In comparison to Colin Hamilton though he's Paulo Maldini. 

He must be fucking amazing then. Colin Hamilton and Ricky Little as a partnerships probably the best I've ever seen at Arbroath.

Hammy be out to LB if Hill signs I imagine.