The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, pencils said:

Don't shoot the messenger but heard through the grapevine Goodwin has managed to convince Iain Russell out of retirement. He was training on Tuesday night

Would be a delightful piece of irony if he made a comeback with us after years of abuse from Alloa fans and apparently ending his career with a missed penalty in front of a delighted Clackmannan Road end. But I'd be very happy if it happened, always rated him and was surprised he called it a day when he surely still had plenty to offer. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Would be a delightful piece of irony if he made a comeback with us after years of abuse from Alloa fans and apparently ending his career with a missed penalty in front of a delighted Clackmannan Road end. But I'd be very happy if it happened, always rated him and was surprised he called it a day when he surely still had plenty to offer. 

Good player to get but make sure he is not ready for Saturday. He was also training at Airdrie so maybe he just likes to keep fit.

Don't shoot the messenger but heard through the grapevine Goodwin has managed to convince Iain Russell out of retirement. He was training on Tuesday night

Delighted with that one if true, can only be good for the other strikers aswell, he works his socks off and always looks a real handful.

That one was well played by pencils [emoji16][emoji16]!

PJ looks a decent signing but you never know with these type of signings. Hopefully he can hit the ground running quickly, he's fast & quite physical for his height. Got the credentials so let's see if he can step up and get some goals!

4 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

It's McBookie and I'm the new Director of Football.

New gaffer on the way!

e6243706b5dc1f29400ddd4d77f50f4f.jpg

In that case I'll send you my CV. Already established Alloa as Scotland's third team and reached the Quarter final of the Europa League in FM. Knighthood is on its way.

Edited by LeodhasXD

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

kennethwilliams.gif, etc.

LeodhasXD - pics or GTF. I haven't managed to get a part-time team to that position since CM 01/02.

I do it every year with some team. England Conference South is my favourite although they've made it nigh impossible to sign good players. 2012 I think I got tonbridge angels 5 promotions in a row. I won the championship after the second attempt along with winning the FA cup. I got the dreaded save corrupted and lost that when I had played 10 games in the Prem and was 3rd.

After the run last year in the betfred cup I had to go Alloa. Our defence is actually quality in last years edition and on some stroke of luck one of the youth regen players had amazing potential. He played LB and Waters trained in Left Mid. Spence and Kirky were underrated. I think I released Kirkpatrick. I got an even better cup run and ended up promoted as champions in the first season and Mike made us professional in the championship. I think the second season I let the entire team go bar Parry Graham and Waters.

Once you go professional the secret is finding the regens that become very good. Spend alot of time doing that and the game gets easy.

I had some problems with my computer in August and needed to reinstall windows and don't have it anymore. I'll do an Alloa save when FM18 comes out. My interest in starting again with last years squads is 0. I'm sure I've got that tonbridge summary page picture on facebook or instagram somewhere. I'll look for it.