The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wouldn’t take our thread seriously just now it’s full of wind ups.

A Raith fan said that a few days ago on their thread though but god knows where he heard it.

Certainly is as far as pat Scullion is concerned , but spence is a possibility , but he lives in fife !

Certainly is as far as pat Scullion is concerned , but spence is a possibility , but he lives in fife !

Same place as the gaffer and a few of our players I think. It’s only an hours drive. The Fife and Tayside based League 1 players will be laughing next season at this rate.

If Spence or another player from Dunfermline signed for us (or any other L1 club) they’d have 24 trips to Angus (1 hour to 1 hour 15) 2 trips to Kirkcaldy (15 minutes) 4 trips to Kincardine area, 2 to the East side of Glasgow and only 2 camel treks to Stranraer.

Can see Stranraer struggling.

yeah it is possible , i don't think he likes goodwin so i don't think he is coming back here  . Arbroath are going to be a force again and will most likely do the playoffs as a minimal target , we wait with baited breath , we will need to overcome dumbarton to retain most of our squad but it is a big ask .

Edited by whereismillar

8 hours ago, whereismillar said:

we will need to overcome dumbarton to retain most of our squad but it is a big ask .

We will need to beg clubs to retain most of the squad. Half of it is gone after Sunday night. 

Parry to Airdrie is a rumour I heard. 

46 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

We will need to beg clubs to retain most of the squad. Half of it is gone after Sunday night. 

Its the same with most teams though having to rebuild. Look at what Paul Hartley inherited and what he did with it... A clearout isn't always a bad thing.

Just now, pencils said:

Crane signed for Livingston according to Raith thread. Been outstanding particularly in the latter part of the season

Aye, expected him to get a Championship team. Think his performances have improved by an order of magnitude as we've gotten to the end of the season.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Its the same with most teams though having to rebuild. Look at what Paul Hartley inherited and what he did with it... A clearout isn't always a bad thing.

The big difference was it was the bottom league and Hartley is a brilliant manager. How many of last summer's new faces have been a success this season? The only player signed over the last 18 months that has established himself as a regular has been Fleming.

Regardless of tomorrow's result it's going to be a huge test of Goodwin 's management ability over the summer having to replace half a squad.

Just now, Tamhain said:

The big difference was it was the bottom league and Hartley is a brilliant manager. How many of last summer's new faces have been a success this season? The only player signed over the last 18 months that has established himself as a regular has been Fleming.

Regardless of tomorrow's result it's going to be a huge test of Goodwin 's management ability over the summer having to replace half a squad.

Think that the January signings have been excellent though and even the recovery after the first quarter to do an almost unbeaten round on the second quarter was a good showing even if it meant relying more on the old guard.

Lot to be said for reacting and strengthening instead of maybe wishful thinking and keeping faith in the summer signings to take us into the playoffs because not all transfers are going to be successful and that's true of Paul's aswell.

8 hours ago, Tamhain said:

The Airdrie fans were keen to tell us about how shite he was when he arrived here.

That would be a depressing loss, especially if we don't go up.

Jack Ross was good to us in January as Kirkpatrick and Stewart transformed our team. That trio of Flannigan, Kirky and Cawley behind a decent striker is a magnificent legacy of the Ross era. When they are on form together it's as good as it gets in part-time football. Last I heard Kirky was very unlikely to play tomorrow. Would be a great boost if he was.

Manager has a lot of work to do in the summer regardless of what happens tomorrow. It's encouraging that he has already made what looks like a solid signing in Trouten. 

Anyway, we can worry about this shit on Monday, at the moment tomorrow is all that matters. 'Mon the Wasps. 

Edited by Waspie