The Alloa Athletic Thread

So we did it !. the trend in this seasons playoffs has been that in the championship and  1st div both 9th place teams went down which does not bode well for partick   , 2 seasons ago this trend was the same i am sure , love to see us keep crane here , whats the chances  ?

Huge congratulations to Jim, his staff and the players. We were far from brilliant over the course of the season, but got the job done to make the play offs and peaked at exactly the right time.

The January loan signings were key, especially Stewart and Kirky, who transformed our attacking threat. Smith and McCart also did well.

Other players also seemed to up their form at the business end - Flanny, wee Kev, Crane. While Taggs, big Neil, Andy Graham, Stevie H and Robbo were consistent throught the year. As was Fleming when moved back.

From the non loan players I'd keep Parry (if he's not away), Taggs, Andy, Robbo, Stevie H, Garry, Cawley and Flanny. Possibly Meggat too. If we can persuade Crane to throw in his lot with us and get Stewart back for another year I'd be happy with that as a nucleus. But we'd need to add several players of better quality. Trouten's a start but we'll need better than him.

It might be that Jim thinks Fleming and Graham don't have the pace to play at the higher level. Or he might decide he needs their leadership and attitude. We'll see.

While I wanted you to lose, fair play and congratulations to Alloa -- a club with few fans who consistently do very well and are a credit to all those involved.  Also makes up for the heartache of losing out last season I guess.

See you in  season 2024/25, or whenever we finally get going again.

Well done, you were by far and away the best team going into the playoffs, one of my favourite away grounds so hopefully at least one of the games will be midweek so I can attend.

I'm sure you'll be more competitive than Brechin and Dumbarton were this season, I'll probably be hoping you're rank at some point in the next year but until I see Ayr playing I'm looking up the way, you'd probably be better doing the same, summers are shit if you're just thinking of relegation and which players aren't good enough.

Edited by ayrmad

Huge congratulations to Jim, his staff and the players. We were far from brilliant over the course of the season, but got the job done to make the play offs and peaked at exactly the right time.

The January loan signings were key, especially Stewart and Kirky, who transformed our attacking threat. Smith and McCart also did well.

Other players also seemed to up their form at the business end - Flanny, wee Kev, Crane. While Taggs, big Neil, Andy Graham, Stevie H and Robbo were consistent throught the year. As was Fleming when moved back.

From the non loan players I'd keep Parry (if he's not away), Taggs, Andy, Robbo, Stevie H, Garry, Cawley and Flanny. Possibly Meggat too. If we can persuade Crane to throw in his lot with us and get Stewart back for another year I'd be happy with that as a nucleus. But we'd need to add several players of better quality. Trouten's a start but we'll need better than him.

It might be that Jim thinks Fleming and Graham don't have the pace to play at the higher level. Or he might decide he needs their leadership and attitude. We'll see.

I really hope Andy Graham doesn’t get released again after being promoted!

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bet Spence goes to you now. Trouten signing looks pretty poor on paper now too but suppose you had to gamble.

Well done

Eh? If he scores goals then of course it's not a poor signing and would be daft to judge him before he's played when he's just came of the back of his best ever scoring season...

:huh:

47 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Eh? If he scores goals then of course it's not a poor signing and would be daft to judge him before he's played when he's just came of the back of his best ever scoring season...

:huh:

He scored 25 goals for a relegated club , takes some doing ,he deserves a chance in the   CHAMPIONSHIP ! ooh my ..