The Alloa Athletic Thread

My old dad thinks that will happen

Would be good if it happened but it's highly doubtful. He'll be able to get more money elsewhere anyway, and maybe even move up a league or get a full-time deal from a team near Newcastle, especially if his fitness keeps improving.

Edited by Sevennil

The Chop for player/manager next season if we stay up 8)

Bound to have some decent contacts too.

Would be a bit of a coup. Not like we'd any idea how Hartley would turn out.

Frankly, I'd take Allan Maitland back over Barry Ferguson. Seriously.

Heard the Ferguson rumour too :( might as well call it quits and settle for life in league 2 if Ferguson is seen as the future.

Thank god I'm no the only one that's heard it. Dreadful appointment if it gets made

Perhaps the club is moving towards regretion instaed of progression? Hopefully the whisper about this isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Or maybe Baz has learned his trade at all the things tht haven't worked at Clyde, and no doubt he wouldn't have had such a budget as PH had when he arrived at Alloa?

Edited by laughing gravie

I make a 340 mile round trip to see the Wasps play every opportunity I get. Usually catch about 20 games a season. If Barry Ferguson and Bob FTP Malcolm, who would surely come with, is the sum total of our ambition I won`t be spending nearly as much money on petrol next season!

I make a 340 mile round trip to see the Wasps play every opportunity I get. Usually catch about 20 games a season. If Barry Ferguson and Bob FTP Malcolm, who would surely come with, is the sum total of our ambition I won`t be spending nearly as much money on petrol next season!

On the plus side, give it a couple of years and it'll be less of a journey to see us play Elgin twice a season.

On the plus side, give it a couple of years and it'll be less of a journey to see us play Elgin twice a season.

:) Yeah. I go to a few of their midweek games. A decent set up they`ve got. Just not the same though. My heart skips a beat every time I lay eyes on the corrugated sheet fence at the railway end 8)

Alan Moore to Clyde I ve heard so maybe true :-)

Would even take Moore instead. Inevitable he ends up here at some point anyway.

Anyone we wouldn't take ahead of Ferguson? Even Jimmy Nicks might be amusing if he rediscovered a bit of his old Raith mojo in time to finish above Cowden :P

Anyone from the Alloa area looking to go to the game on Sunday? We're running a bus from The Station and a couple of seats have become available due to late call offs. Leaving from The Station at 12:30 and heading to The Tulloch Institute in Perth. Send a PM if interested. Everybody welcome.

Would be a bit of a coup. Not like we'd any idea how Hartley would turn out.

Frankly, I'd take Allan Maitland back over Barry Ferguson. Seriously.

Anyone know what Maitland's been up to for the past few years? Until he was bad, he wasn't bad.

Must have missed the 'not bad' phase.

Success with Hamilton and Clyde, saved Alloa from almost certain relegation in his first season, one goal away from winning the second division title for the second time in our history.

Pity you missed it.

Success with Hamilton and Clyde, saved Alloa from almost certain relegation in his first season, one goal away from winning the second division title for the second time in our history.

Pity you missed it.

Sounds like it would've been worth seeing the Hamilton and Clyde years. Good times.