The Alloa Athletic Thread

Will take that. Seemed like Lennon was treated a wee bit unfairly in Paisley, but the Saints fans didn't seem too impressed with what they were seeing on the pitch every week. Don't see why he'd be on a big wage either, considering the Premiership clubs haven't been battering his door down. Be interested to see what his style of play will be.

Oh, and you can stop with the human sacrifices now that Barry Ferguson's out of the running. You ken who you are. I know they're moreish, but we're safe now, and there'll only be so much space under the new pitch.

Could be good for Alloa. Could be very good if he can get his assistant at Cowden (Ian Jenkins ) in as well. He was the man that made Cowden tick.

I heard there's something in the contract saying PC must be kept

Is this just a rumour? Would very much doubt Barry would have been interviewed as he is on a 3 year contract and this season has been less than impressive for us.

I heard that too about a month ago he had been interviewed.

Has the term of the deal been announced? Would be surprised if it was longer than the end of the season. I thought he would continue with the 21s for a couple of years.

STV reported till summer 2016 last night

Pretty underwhelming. Should have left it until after the Hearts game, at least give him his first match in charge one where we have a (slight) chance.

Underwhelming? I'm struggling to think of many better managers you could have gotten yourselves. Who were you expecting?

Underwhelming? I'm struggling to think of many better managers you could have gotten yourselves. Who were you expecting?

The Spanish Inquisition.

Or Ian Murray. Equally likely, TBH.

Good appointment for us. It's good to get a manager in full time now as it means players now know where they stand in regards of contracts(potentially) for next season and gives Lennon time to assess his squad and see who fits into his plans.

Indeed.

The usual Cowdung suspects are seething about it. :lol:

Struggling to find anyone that's seething. Good witty stock response from you though.

Not sure why we would be seething anyway - we will have the cigars out during the play offs while Lennon is orchestrating your defeat to Morton.