The Alloa Athletic Thread

Garry O'Connor II IMO

How much of a look did they have at him before he signed?

Apparently we sent a scout out to watch him in India last year. A friend of our recruitment chief. Been on the radar for a while but been kept hush hush.

Apparently we sent a scout out to watch him in India last year. A friend of our recruitment chief. Been on the radar for a while but been kept hush hush.

Yeah, that's what I heard too.

We've got the top leagues in the eastern Southern Hemisphere covered.

How jel are fans of other teams about this signing, by the way? :lol:

I liked him a lot as a player in England. That was about 8 years and quite a few stone ago however :lol:

It's a big risk, he may well fire them in but chances are he'll end up like Riordan/O'connor etc.

He'll be on a very healthy sum, no doubt about it.

We were supposed to be in for him too, I suspect that was nothing more than the players agent trying to drum up some interest.

As mentioned he played 1 reserve game and is now away to stallions fc in his supposed homeland. Apparently he is there for the duration of the World Cup qualifiers and will return for pre season, but I wouldn't bank on it.

He'll be on a very healthy sum, no doubt about it.

He's only signed to the end of the season. Seven league games and a cup final left (barring playoffs) so he doesnt have long here anyway. Maybe our chairman is just taking a bit of a gamble to try and keep us in the division, next years Championship could be pretty lucrative as well and he could recoup finances just by staying up. There's a good chance he's noticed his own career has been on the decline the last couple of years anyway and he's probably accepting a hefty pay cut just to grab the chance to play at a decent-ish level to the end of the season and help out a club who is putting him in the shop window.

My initial thoughts were the same as Vanquinho above...Shefki Kuqi MK II

Edited by Sevennil

Well done Alloa last night. Come on leaps and bounds in just a few years. Hopefully next season you will be back where you belong amongst us part time diddies because I'm getting far to jealous of you/Dumbarton/Cowdenbeath. :P

Seen myself through the season going Tynecastle away day for Alloa today, wonder where we are going, look it up and it's..... Cliftonhill or the likes. :lol:

Pish.