The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Stirling used their Rangers cup tie money from the previous season to fund the promotion push.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't thought that far back. So presumably it will be running out if it hasn't already?

The 10 year Indodrill deal was announced prior to the Rangers game in September 2014, so has 6 months left to run. I will be leading the public information campaign for the ground to revert to officially being called Recreation Park, and never again referenced The Indodrill, in September!

I saw yesterday that Bobby Wales has been called up to the Scotland U19 squad, which means he will miss the rearranged Kelty game and the QoS match. A big blow, but hopefully Conor Sammon and forgotten man (through no real fault of his own & solely due to Andy Graham's formation) Ally Roy can deliver the goods. I know last season Jay Hogarth decided to play for the Wasps up at Peterhead instead of joining up with the U21s, so hopefully Andy will pose to same question to Bobby & try to persuade him not to go to Italy for a week with the U19s.

Also, good to see Falkirk get a late winner last night to prevent playoff rivals Cove leapfrogging us in the table. 

13 minutes ago, jpm said:

I know last season Jay Hogarth decided to play for the Wasps up at Peterhead instead of joining up with the U21s, so hopefully Andy will pose to same question to Bobby & try to persuade him not to go to Italy for a week with the U19s.

We already kept Wales the last Scotland camp when he was called up for friendlies, these are now qualifiers for the EUROs. Can't blame him and wouldn't really want him to knock the opportunity to potentially play a tournament like that. Although, for us, definitely a massive blow. 

30 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

We already kept Wales the last Scotland camp when he was called up for friendlies, these are now qualifiers for the EUROs. Can't blame him and wouldn't really want him to knock the opportunity to potentially play a tournament like that. Although, for us, definitely a massive blow. 

This but Alfie Bavidge played for Scotland instead of Kelty in those friendlies interestingly enough.

Won't be surprised if Bobby goes as these are big games for the u19s, but it will be a big blow obviously but other players listed like Sammon and Roy can get starting places for the games against Qots and then Kelty. 

Not sure if Jay was maybe asked to stay given we only had Burt to replace him. Think it was after Muir had left?

If I was Wales agent (if he has one but I'd imagine he does), I'd be encouraging him to go and show what he can do against players of a similar level. If he's had interest from clubs down in England already, surely a lot of clubs look at these U19/U21 competitions to scope out talent so he could earn a move in the summer.

6 hours ago, jpm said:

The 10 year Indodrill deal was announced prior to the Rangers game in September 2014, so has 6 months left to run. I will be leading the public information campaign for the ground to revert to officially being called Recreation Park, and never again referenced The Indodrill, in September!

Crowdfunder to secure Recreation Park as the official title? Either that or the Herve Ebanda Arena. 

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

Crowdfunder to secure Recreation Park as the official title? Either that or the Herve Ebanda Arena. 

Either that or the Hawkhill Arena, and I knew which one I'd prefer...

1 hour ago, LoganAAFC said:

Andy Graham , Manager of the Month for February. Reckon Taylor Steven will follow for the player award. 

1 hour ago, LoganAAFC said:

Reckon Taylor Steven will follow for the player award

Correct.

Well done to both..........now please no MOTM "curse"

Edited by vespa

Well deserved for both. Liked Andy's interview saying it's the whole management team and not just him, just seems an all round likeable guy. Would like to here his footballing story in an interview with Open Goal.

Seen our game with Cove's been picked for TV as well

Well deserved for both.

The Tell Him He's Pele interview with Andy Graham was an excellent listen. Unfortunately I think that @Francesc Fabregassaid in a recent Terrace podcast that they're no longer available. Perhaps Craig Fowler could be convinced to add them to the Terrace Podcast back catalogue.

1 minute ago, Dink said:

Well deserved for both.

The Tell Him He's Pele interview with Andy Graham was an excellent listen. Unfortunately I think that @Francesc Fabregassaid in a recent Terrace podcast that they're no longer available. Perhaps Craig Fowler could be convinced to add them to the Terrace Podcast back catalogue.

Thank you for the kind words! Weirdly enough, the three-part Andy Graham interview from 2019 is still available - you can get it from all reputable podcast apps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Andy is probably the most charismatic person I've ever met and I'm delighted to see him doing so well with Wasps. Long may it continue!

13 minutes ago, Dink said:

Well deserved for both.

It was indeed. Finished off by Andy's acapella summary. 😁

I really enjoyed the THHP podcasts, especially the ones with Alloa players, but many others too. Some great stories.

They couldn't really have given those award to anyone else (maybe Bobby Wales, but Taylor just edged it for me), but that doesn't take anything away from them. Well done to Andy, Taylor and all the players, coaching staff etc.

Big few days with Edinburgh (away) and Kelty (away), grounds we haven't faired as well at it last season but in a much better place so reckon we can take the 6 points, especially after that great performance against Kelty on Saturday