The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Which games did Scott brown cost us points?

Pretty obvious Motherwell and Hearts recently also I think the defence has looked really bad since Ward has left as Brown doesn't give the defence confidence. I believe if Ward was at the club then we would have still had a chance of the league title.

The last transfer window was terrible for us not replacing Quinn/Ward/Goodwillie (needed another striker as only 2 first team players at the club)

Edited by Milners

Pretty obvious Motherwell and Hearts recently also I think the defence has looked really bad since Ward has left as Brown doesn't give the defence confidence. I believe if Ward was at the club then we would have still had a chance of the league title.

The last transfer window was terrible for us not replacing Quinn/Ward/Goodwillie (needed another striker as only 2 first team players at the club)

You are absolutely right about Motherwell and Hearts. Anyone who thinks otherwise either wasn't there or hasn't watched them. He brings a nervousness to the defence in every game now, and that wasn't there with such regularity with Ward. There is no question in my mind that we would be toe to toe with Celtic just now with Ward.

It's all relative. Ward was outstanding, and compared to him Brown is a lot worse.

Relative to the rest of the Premiership goalies however, he's average at worst. Yes he's no world beater but neither is he as shocking as some on here would say.

We do need a new keeper, whether that is Rogers or someone else I don't know, but I will say this: I wouldn't take any of the other Premiership keepers, bar Gordon and mabye Bain.

Brown was terrific against County, Dundee and Celtic when first restored to the team, but there does appear to have been some regression since then. Whilst it's a nonsense to suggest that his error at Hearts' first goal was the only reason for losing at Tynecastle, he can't be completely absolved of all blame; similar could be said of the second half at Fir Park. Most goalkeepers at this level would suffer from being compared to Ward; Brown is no exception to this rule; I think he is (mostly) a decent shot-stopper, but, perhaps like many goalkeepers in Scotland, fails to convincingly command his box and doesn't appear to inspire great confidence in his defence. 

I expected Collin to start against Hamilton at Pittodrie, and was surprised when he didn't. If McInnes sees at all fit, I would like him to start on Friday; it would be a pity to take a goalkeeper on loan for that length of time and not give him a chance to showcase what he can do. Although, given that he hasn't been afforded an opportunity thus far, I suspect McInnes has already broadly made his mind up on his future here. I expect Rogers to start our Europa League qualifiers, and, all going well, to be our #1 next season. 

It's all relative. Ward was outstanding, and compared to him Brown is a lot worse.

Relative to the rest of the Premiership goalies however, he's average at worst. Yes he's no world beater but neither is he as shocking as some on here would say.

We do need a new keeper, whether that is Rogers or someone else I don't know, but I will say this: I wouldn't take any of the other Premiership keepers, bar Gordon and mabye Bain.

If we want to progress we need a keeper that can come off his line and doesn't make mistakes like the ones Brown has made in the past few weeks. Never mind being bullied by Leigh Griffiths in the games against Celtic last season or his pathetic attempt in the League Cup semi.

If we want to progress we need a keeper that can come off his line and doesn't make mistakes like the ones Brown has made in the past few weeks. Never mind being bullied by Leigh Griffiths in the games against Celtic last season or his pathetic attempt in the League Cup semi.

I agree, that is if we want to progress. For a team that wants to finish second he's adequate, and to be fair that's what he was signed for.

We will need a better goalie for next season. With more good teams in the league, hopefully there will be more points dropped by all and we'll have more of a chance.

Christ hope your werna watchin when we had worse keepers than Brown 

I preferred Langield to be honest, his mistakes were more spectacular but less frequent.

I am the same (i never thought i would be supporting Langfield in anyway)

Brown is a worse keeper then Langfield, it’s not fair to compare him to Ward.

What annoys me with Brown more than anything is he is a coward who shy’s away from his job. Although Langfield sometimes made a real mess of coming for the cross ball at least he had the balls to go for it. Brown has decided staying on his line is the safest option, which in many ways is him sh*ting it.

He’s not a great shot stopper (see hearts), the effect he has had on the defenders in front of him is also disastrous. The confidence in the man behind them is zero, which leads to them making strange calls.

To be honest, if offered, I'd probably go for Clangers out of the two. Aberdeen really need to get their act together and sort out the goalkeeping position. It's been a glaring weak spot in your team for nigh on a decade now.

To be honest, if offered, I'd probably go for Clangers out of the two. Aberdeen really need to get their act together and sort out the goalkeeping position. It's been a glaring weak spot in your team for nigh on a decade now.

We had it nailed down for about 4 months though.

We had it nailed down for about 4 months though.

Your last quality first team (To disqualify Bain) keeper that was permanently on your books was Peter Kjaer. That's not good enough for a club your size.

If we could get Cerny off P-Thizzle that'd be grand :)

Would rather McGovern than Cerny if we could get him.

I see out alleged January transfer target Rostyn Griffiths has been released by Roda JC - will McInnes get him in for Summer?