The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

And if you were the late kick off the last train back is 9.30pm. That’s not the SFA/SPFL’s fault that transport in this country is pish. You’ve got the better fixture out the two so stop moaning and get on with it.

What a gutless piece of logic that is.

7 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

It’s cool, we only need to be there for the pens.

2 games on the same day, in the same stadium is fucking madness.

The polis overtime bill will be huge.

I think that was exactly the thinking that went into this. Absolute disgrace.

I always feel sorry for the Aberdeen crowd as the Scottish authority seem to have it in for you. 

If they had have used Mfiield for your game not only could they have kicked off at the same time but you would have been able to watch the whole game!

This is purely TV money and BT sports cashing in on a double fixture and police Scotland taking route A. 

Shite.

7 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

No sign of any confirmation yet on Aberdeen or Hearts' websites.  Why is this? Could they both be unhappy with the decision that has been made?

Hearts won't be too bothered. Would be amazing though if they kicked up a stink for Aberdeens sake.

I've been pleased with the way the club has dealt with a few things this season but judging by the comments made by Doncaster this decision was agreed with clubs. Hope I'm proved wrong and Aberdeen are kicking up a fuss over this. Being central belt based it doesn't make a huge difference to me but my Dad has already said he won't be bothering with such an early kick off time and it's frustrating that this keeps happening. When we sell 8,000 tickets due to the kick off time I wouldn't be surprised to see that used against us for allocation if we made it to the final. The token 'we appreciate this is difficult for some fans' comment makes the situation worse as it shows they are aware it's difficult for Aberdeen fans but that matters less than making sure the old firm don't have to travel to Edinburgh for a semi-final. The worst thing about it is other than moaning about it on forums or Facebook there's basically nothing we can do other than accept it.

Edit: Just noticed Aberdeen have put out a statement so at least that's something. https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/27/aberdeen-confirm-dismay-over-sunday-lunchtime-start/

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I've been pleased with the way the club has dealt with a few things this season but judging by the comments made by Doncaster this decision was agreed with clubs. Hope I'm proved wrong and Aberdeen are kicking up a fuss over this. Being central belt based it doesn't make a huge difference to me but my Dad has already said he won't be bothering with such an early kick off time and it's frustrating that this keeps happening. When we sell 8,000 tickets due to the kick off time I wouldn't be surprised to see that used against us for allocation if we made it to the final. The token 'we appreciate this is difficult for some fans' comment makes the situation worse as it shows they are aware it's difficult for Aberdeen fans but that matters less than making sure the old firm don't have to travel to Edinburgh for a semi-final. The worst thing about it is other than moaning about it on forums or Facebook there's basically nothing we can do other than accept it.

Edit: Just noticed Aberdeen have put out a statement so at least that's something. https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/27/aberdeen-confirm-dismay-over-sunday-lunchtime-start/

Tbf they're apparently contractually bound to play Semis at Hampden unless the police state its unsafe. 

Not sure if a lunchtime kick off is better for Aberdeen fans than a 7pm kick off? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they're apparently contractually bound to play Semis at Hampden unless the police state its unsafe. 

Not sure if a lunchtime kick off is better for Aberdeen fans than a 7pm kick off? 

Are Hampden really likely to sue if they made a change due to exceptional circumstances? Especially with the SFA in the process of buying it.

Since when has that been the case? If it is then play it the following weekend, or alternatively come up with a better system in the first place for if two teams are in Europe at this stage. It was hardly a difficult to foresee circumstance. Surely if the SPFL insist on a reasonable kick off time then the police would state it unsafe anyway.