The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

In terms of our first XI, there’s not really anyone we could have realistically signed who would have made us better, at this point in the season. Other than Stewart, who we did sign.

I’m a little annoyed that we’ve let two centre mids, a centre half and two attackers go without bringing in at least one replacement for cover. I think we look particularly light in the middle of the park.

The window, all told, was fine. We kept Lowe which can’t be underestimated. Stewart could prove to be phenomenal too, we have to wait and see. But going into the window we had the most in-form team in the league, and to be quite honest we didn’t need to change it very much.

Anderson and Wright could go out and blossom into full on good players, we could avoid injuries and keep that super first XI, we could win the league and cup double and Cosgrove could win the Ballon d’Or.

Alternatively, Wright and Anderson could get totally found out, Shinnie and Ferguson could both get leg breaks, we finish 6th behind St Johnstone and Hearts, and we bemoan this transfer window as the turning point where we should have pushed the boat out to sign Murray Davidson or someone.

It’s fine. We’ll probably be somewhere in the middle. It’s all fine.

Guest Bob Mahelp

As pointed out, this leaves us looking very light in several areas.

With everybody fit and playing, we're fine. But at the moment we're already using sticking plasters to fill the gap in central defence, and we're one or two wee niggles away from playing Ball and Gleeson as our central back pairing.....as it is, Considine and Hoban don't fill with with glee for Saturday.

That's without even mentioning a central midfield that is utterly reliant on Shinnie and Ferguson.

It wouldn't be the first time that inaction in January cost us big time. We threw away the chance to win the league in 2016 because we did virtually nothing to combat the losses of Ward and Rooney, and we refused to take a gamble to strengthen when a piss-poor Celtic side was wobbling badly.

Its my opinion we have better starting 11 than the ****.. why does that affect an airdrie lad so much. .
janaury window or not i rather have my starting 11 than your wee pals .  
arite min . time for a rowie 

Im intrigued. Who from Aberdeen would get into rangers team?

Im intrigued. Who from Aberdeen would get into rangers team?

For the last 2 seasons Aberdeen has finished above Rangers. For all the money rangers has spent they should be way better than Aberdeen but league is showing us only 2 points behind.  

To answer your question: Lewis, Lowe, Logan, Devlin, McKenna, Ferguson, GMS, Shinnie would improve Rangers at the mo

Frustrating thing about the Dandies Social Media universe is the two categories fans apparently fall into 

If you’re content with the window you’re a DNA-loving, conformative, lickspittle happy clapper 

If you’re annoyed with the window you’re a DMG, bed wetting, spoiled, entitled c**t 

99% of the fan base probably sit between the two extremes but if you lean towards one opinion or the other you get categorised as one or the other 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Frustrating thing about the Dandies Social Media universe is the two categories fans apparently fall into 

If you’re content with the window you’re a DNA-loving, conformative, lickspittle happy clapper 

If you’re annoyed with the window you’re a DMG, bed wetting, spoiled, entitled c**t 

99% of the fan base probably sit between the two extremes but if you lean towards one opinion or the other you get categorised as one or the other 

Aye.

Similar to spurs on  smaller scale we have to look  be realistic with regards  transfers and new staduim and funding for it.

While we go threw this we have to hope we still   continually  compete for cups and be at the top end the table .  so far we have done this  and  this season already in one final

and who is to say another one wont be in May..    Now what changes everything is Mckenna  transfer when it happens    ,  when clearly the board will have to show us more intent.

its club changing cash .   I am pissed aff we did not sign attacking midfielder but i am not going greet about things that might not happen . i dont see any teams better than us outside the deluded rodgers mob .  plenty play for  and we have the players to do it .

28 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

To be fair when you make statements like the club have thrown the towel in and accepted 3rd or 4th then you're into definite bedwetting territory.

It's not an amazing window but what we did do was pretty good, we clearly missed out on one or two options. 

I really can't see the need for panic.

2 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Similar to spurs on  smaller scale we have to look  be realistic with regards  transfers and new staduim and funding for it.

While we go threw this we have to hope we still   continually  compete for cups and be at the top end the table .  so far we have done this  and  this season already in one final

and who is to say another one wont be in May..    Now what changes everything is Mckenna  transfer when it happens    ,  when clearly the board will have to show us more intent.

its club changing cash .   I am pissed aff we did not sign attacking midfielder but i am not going greet about things that might not happen . i dont see any teams better than us outside the deluded rodgers mob .  plenty play for  and we have the players to do it .

Might need to temper your expectations on Mckenna.  He's clearly seen as a source of funding for the stadium.  Not saying Mcinnes will get none of it but don't expect us to start shelling out big money on players.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Might need to temper your expectations on Mckenna.  He's clearly seen as a source of funding for the stadium.  Not saying Mcinnes will get none of it but don't expect us to start shelling out big money on players.

Look been following reds since 76  my expectations completely controlled  its Aberdeen min.       we  all ken large amount going to staduim but were going to be in lot better position regards tranfers than  last summer thats clear ..   interesting summer ahead  i look forward to it

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair when you make statements like the club have thrown the towel in and accepted 3rd or 4th then you're into definite bedwetting territory.

It's not an amazing window but what we did do was pretty good, we clearly missed out on one or two options. 

I really can't see the need for panic.

I respectfully disagree 

Considering the respective activities of Sellick, Sevco and ourselves during the window 3rd place is clearly what the Club realistically hope to achieve this season 

18 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I respectfully disagree 

Considering the respective activities of Sellick, Sevco and ourselves during the window 3rd place is clearly what the Club realistically hope to achieve this season 

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

The respective activities or the OF show that they have the fear. Aberdeen are happy with their squad and the double is ours.

COYR. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I usually just skip over posts where folk start going on about "bed-wetting" and "meltdowns" when, for most folk, that is not an accurate representation of what they are saying at all. Basically an admission that you're not interested in any different opinions or going to make any substantive points. Same applies for the other side. As you say, most people will sit between the two extremes.

I think it's a risk that we have let Wright go out on loan without sourcing a replacement, especially as he has actually played a fair bit since Christmas; off the top of my head: 45 minutes against Celtic, 80 minutes at Livingston, 20 minutes at Accies, 85 minutes at Stenhousemuir. It isn't sending him out on loan I object to, as I don't think he is consistent enough or even good enough to be a regular at a top-end Premiership team at the moment and will benefit more from a bigger role elsewhere, but not getting in a replacement, especially when you look at the injury records of some of our attacking options, or the likelihood of dips in form.