The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I’m finding these calls for the likes of Robinson or Goodwin to take over absolutely incredible. What on earth makes people think that these guys are going to match Dereks achievements over the past 8 years? [emoji38]

Aberdeen clearly have the money to go a step better than that. It’s going to have to be a bit of a blockbuster appointment to justify punting McInnes.

Tommy Wrights name has been punted about - can’t say I disagree with that. He’s won the Scottish Cup - the prize Dons fans craze so dearly. He’s no stranger to European competition and has some impressive wins under his belt. Can he be lured from Norn Ireland though?

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m finding these calls for the likes of Robinson or Goodwin to take over absolutely incredible. What on earth makes people think that these guys are going to match Dereks achievements over the past 8 years? emoji38.png

Aberdeen clearly have the money to go a step better than that. It’s going to have to be a bit of a blockbuster appointment to justify punting McInnes.

Tommy Wrights name has been punted about - can’t say I disagree with that. He’s won the Scottish Cup - the prize Dons fans craze so dearly. He’s no stranger to European competition and has some impressive wins under his belt. Can he be lured from Norn Ireland though?

Why?

11 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

He is about to sign on as Killie manager, if the bbc is to believed.

p.s. You are not seriously suggesting Aberdeen would punt McInnes to replace him with Wright??

38 minutes ago, Aufc said:

What are the expectations of the Aberdeen fans for their club?

Don't expect us to win the league.Just a team that that knows what it's about(system of play) and a pleasure to watch.Qualify for europe and compete for cups be great.

Aware that we had that under Mcinnes and i was a big supporter of him and grateful.

However he has lost his way , football is awful now and he seems at a loss what to do. Unless action is taken we will be back where he started a bottom 6 side. 

Right now i would say we are the worst team in this league.

I'm personally in favour of McInnes seeing out his contract and using the compo saved for the 2022 appointee to rebuild. 

We still have a good chance of third this season. 

But on the other hand, he signed Curtis Main and has now replaced him with St Johnstone's third/fourth choice, so he's clearly lost the plot. 

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm personally in favour of McInnes seeing out his contract and using the compo saved for the 2022 appointee to rebuild. 

But on the other hand, he signed Curtis Main and has now replaced him with St Johnstone's third/fourth choice, so he's clearly lost the plot. 

Third is gone.

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As if the news of his salary wasn't bad enough there is now rumours of a minimum pay off so the timing of his sacking is apparenty not even all that relevant

Edited by d31

Is this where you tell us we should be happy to sometimes come third, reaching the very occasional cup final and implementing an archaic recruitment policy?

Well the first two are true(i would remove the word sometimes as you should always be aiming for third), albeit this season celtic have been so bad that second should have been in your sights. Europe is a tough one as you are generally always going to come up against a fairly large team before the group stages.

It is definitely time for a change but dont think it means mcinnes is a bad manager.

Edited to add. You also want the football to be fairly entertaining which is fair enough

Read the last 8 pages or so. PAIN.

One comment that is complete shite is the claim he's made us money.

He's made no money from transfers until this season when the Board took it out of his hands to sell mckenna, cosgrove and wright for the sweet sum of £5.2M.

He sold Hayes for £1.3M the summer he didn't go to Sunderland and as part of his negotiations to stay he negotiated to get a portion of it to spend.

Edited by d31

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So you have no idea then. Is that the same board member that gave the guy from Canada our transfers in and out?

Why would I have an idea? You were asking a St Johnstone fan.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Well the first two are true(i would remove the word sometimes as you should always be aiming for third), albeit this season celtic have been so bad that second should have been in your sights. Europe is a tough one as you are generally always going to come up against a fairly large team before the group stages.

It is definitely time for a change but dont think it means mcinnes is a bad manager.

Edited to add. You also want the football to be fairly entertaining which is fair enough

He's a very good manager. He's been in the job so long and can't/won't evolve.

It's obviously an extreme but Ferguson constantly evolved and changed assistants to keep things fresh. Derek has three yes men behind him.

The recruitment is woeful too. Look at Livi. They're very creative with who they bring in. It's not a case of "Big Curtis has caused us problems".

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

Read the last 8 pages or so. PAIN.

One comment that is complete shite is the claim he's made us money.

He's made no money from transfers until this season when the Board took it out of his hands to sell mckenna, cosgrove and wright for the sweet sum of £5.2M.

He sold Hayes for £1.3M the summer he didn't go to Sunderland and as part of his negotiations to stay he negotiated to get a portion of it to spend.

This seems unreasonably angry. Selling players is generally a board decision btw.