The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

haha is that true? fair did for Ricky Foster if hes to be belived (not the fact hes utter gash)
According to some Dons fans in the Tartan Army forum when Scotland were playing, he is a massive indy supporter. He was belting out our anthem.

He's probably best keeping it to himself.

[emoji23] aye poor Ricky Foster, unfortunately for him it will have been for multiple things, including his ability.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, as much as I agree Ryan Jack is a snivvelling little shite, he's done the Aberdeen fans, in this thread at least. Biting all over the shop.

Don't think anyone mentioned Jack? He's had years of hassle, finally won something and is an integral part of their team. 

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Looing back, I've still no idea what you're going on about. Someone joked that it was decent trolling by Jack. The original post was about Wright with pretty much all comments aimed at him afterwards.

Ah, so all the biting was just celebrating Scott Wright celebrating his team winning the title and not the snake emoji?

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ah, so all the biting was just celebrating Scott Wright celebrating his team winning the title and not the snake emoji?

*sigh*

Scott Wright barely said a word when he was at Aberdeen. Now he's at Rangers it's constantly blue hearts, teddy bear emojis and generally doing anything he can to get onboard with the Rangers fans.

Ryan Jack has had full Pittodries booing his every touch and been given a lot of grief since joining Rangers. I genuinely couldn't care less if he gives a bit back when he scores or Rangers win a trophy.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

*sigh*

Scott Wright barely said a word when he was at Aberdeen. Now he's at Rangers it's constantly blue hearts, teddy bear emojis and generally doing anything he can to get onboard with the Rangers fans.

Ryan Jack has had full Pittodries booing his every touch and been given a lot of grief since joining Rangers. I genuinely couldn't care less if he gives a bit back when he scores or Rangers win a trophy.

Aye. Jack is a p***k but I don't think anyone is surprised he'd have a wee pop.

With Wright I think he just needs to be careful, his focus should 100% trying to carve out a career for himself there, not trolling fans of his old club over a title he's not been part of. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye. Jack is a p***k but I don't think anyone is surprised he'd have a wee pop.

With Wright I think he just needs to be careful, his focus should 100% trying to carve out a career for himself there, not trolling fans of his old club over a title he's not been part of. 

In fairness to Jack, he kept his head down after signing for them. Wasn't a constant social media presence. Let's be honest, he's came on leaps and bounds whilst playing for them too. I say that as someone who rated him at Aberdeen and felt Derek was making him do less than he was capable of.

I'd be amazed if Wright goes on to make 50 appearances.

Jack was signed to be their Scott Brown, and is fulfilling his role on and off the pitch. Interesting to see if he makes the same mistake and stays too long, or if he gives the EPL a go at some point. Fact he's almost 30 means he's probably missed that window though, if he doesn't move this Summer.

Wright just seems like a lost wee laddie who's desperately trying to fit in because he knows he's miles out his depth.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack was signed to be their Scott Brown, and is fulfilling his role on and off the pitch. Interesting to see if he makes the same mistake and stays too long, or if he gives the EPL a go at some point. Fact he's almost 30 means he's probably missed that window though, if he doesn't move this Summer.

Wright just seems like a lost wee laddie who's desperately trying to fit in because he knows he's miles out his depth.

Aye. Rangers fans I knew were claiming Jack was going to be their 'Kante' which couldn't be further from the truth. I don't think he's got the athleticism to play EPL but I could be wrong. Could potentially fill the role he does for Scotland down their. At Rangers he's utilised further up the field. I think he'll retire at the ****. Can only see him leaving if the next manager doesn't take to him.

Aye, doesn't seem likely he'd be in any rush to leave Rangers and at his age the Premier league probably isn't an option for too much longer. Would imagine he'll most likely retire at Rangers as you say or at the very least stay there for the long term.

Don't see him wanting to come back to Aberdeen at any point anyway and who could blame him. 😂

Edited by Rodhull

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Rangers fans I knew were claiming Jack was going to be their 'Kante' which couldn't be further from the truth. I don't think he's got the athleticism to play EPL but I could be wrong. Could potentially fill the role he does for Scotland down their. At Rangers he's utilised further up the field. I think he'll retire at the ****. Can only see him leaving if the next manager doesn't take to him.

I think a future manager might struggle to appreciate what he brings. Removing the last ten years a central midfielder at rangers would  normally score and assist more

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

And rightly so after his hatchet job on Stevie May

On 13/03/2021 at 19:22, DrewDon said:

I usually give that podcast a wide berth but gave it a listen for 20 minutes or so there before turning off. You would genuinely think he worked for Derek McInnes rather than Aberdeen FC.

Here's McDermid at the last DNA Premium Q&A night (been a lack of them this season).  HWG and The Northern Goal are much better podcasts.

image.png.978f266fd66afff7d2502e0f777fabd7.png