The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Granite_don 22 said:

Mates wife is sat at a table next to Chris Maguire at dobbies as we speak....

I know he's up here every year around this time, but thats dangerously close to Cormack Park 

His kid is still up here. My pals loon was at the Iain Wilson soccer camp with him in the Easter holidays.

3 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Do folk not remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haraldur_Ingólfsson? He did make 6 whole appearances for us in 1996-7. Pfft, call yourselves dandies.

I remember we had Haraldur Ingolfsson and also Hermann Hreidarsson on trial at the same time and Roy Aiken didn't think Hermann Hreidarsson was good enough ffs

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I remember we had Haraldur Ingolfsson and also Hermann Hreidarsson at the same time and Roy Aiken kept Haraldur Ingolfsson!!! 

I didn't remember that part! I did a quick search and found an interview with him:

“I was magnificent during that trial! We played two games, won both easily and I scored in the two wins.

“Aberdeen then offered me a contract. It was my first experience of a professional club and I loved the atmosphere around the place.

“Why did I not sign? They offered me a c*** contract. It was an absolute joke, really.

“You get a feeling if a club really wants you and that didn’t happen with Aberdeen.

“I knocked it back. I decided to see what else was out there and ended up signing for Crystal Palace. The rest is history.”

I imagine they censored "crap", but that's not what I read the first time

18 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

I didn't remember that part! I did a quick search and found an interview with him:

I imagine they censored "crap", but that's not what I read the first time

I remember a few mates went to watch that trial games and they said Hermann Hreidarsson looked really good. 

3 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Do folk not remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haraldur_Ingólfsson? He did make 6 whole appearances for us in 1996-7. Pfft, call yourselves dandies.

I remember watching him when I was 10 at Easter Road, and realising even then that he was... limited.

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

I've spent many a year trying to forget about him and some of the other dross we had around that time.

Aye. Haraldur has defied repression though.