The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's certainly the way it came across. And it was "fan" not "fans".

I’m not sure what other way it could come across. And yes, you are right, the possessive form is “fan’s”, sorry I missed out an apostrophe.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not really comparing the incidents though, I’m more contesting the assumption that it would get swept under the carpet if it were Rangers fans.

The unfortunate commonality is that the same player appears to have suffered racial abuse - but I’m not trying to equate the Aberdeen fans actions with the Rangers fans actions, if that’s what you mean.

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's certainly the way it came across. And it was "fan" not "fans".

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure what other way it could come across. And yes, you are right, the possessive form is “fan’s”, sorry I missed out an apostrophe.

What?

8 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

She briefly points at the side of eyes and  I don't think she's making the same gesture that the morons in our support did, I think it's part of a private conversation. 

When I heard the outcry, I thought that she was going full father Ted.

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Am I missing something here? Have all your home games in the league this season not been 10k+ (save the opening day where restrictions were still in place)?

1630221959_ScreenShot2021-10-07at10_28_38.thumb.png.b1353de9fd1db28cc00c7208e05a4236.png

Seems weird that both fixtures are Saturday 3pm kick offs yet:

"Around 65% of season ticket members are predicted at these games. This is largely due to those not ready to come back and those choosing instead to use their Virtual Season Ticket. Even with sufficient matchday tickets available and an 800 allocation for away support, as well as the game being shown live in the UK on a PPV basis, the expected crowd will be under the 10,000 threshold and therefore not subject to the proof of vaccine scheme."

It's a pretty significant drop off from say 13k vs St Johnstone to sub 10k against Hibs and Hearts.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Am I missing something here? Have all your home games in the league this season not been 10k+ (save the opening day where restrictions were still in place)?

1630221959_ScreenShot2021-10-07at10_28_38.thumb.png.b1353de9fd1db28cc00c7208e05a4236.png

Seems weird that both fixtures are Saturday 3pm kick offs yet:

It's a pretty significant drop off from say 13k vs St Johnstone to sub 10k against Hibs and Hearts.

I think we might be taking the pish.

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I think we might be taking the pish.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yes 

We’re clean taking the piss it appears 

Karen off Facebook must be running our social media 

Aye, I mean that seems fairly obvious but going with a line that's as easily disprovable ie: based on your recorded home attendances to date there's been f**k all drop-off, it's a weird approach to take.

Actually, I see they've extrapolated on this per @craigkillie's Tweet popping up on my TL it seems Aberdeen are claiming they announce "tickets issued" rather than actual attendance.

Tickets for Hibs and Hearts is in category B for tickets so Platinum for Hearts/Hibs is £34. Hibs and Hearts fans will be charged £29 along with the South Stand.  

Club are at it with less than 10,000 but it could be with the way they are playing and also pricing. 

Category A – Celtic & Rangers
Category B – Dundee, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian & Hibernian
Category C – Livingston, Motherwell, Ross County, St Johnstone & St Mirren

Pick6Pricing1.png

Edited by betting competition

The B team's cup run came to end away to Accies, where Campbell's first half red card scuppered the chances, and with Brora and Arbroath's mannies having been despatched in previous rounds.

Nevertheless listening to Robson on Red TV and looking at the record of his sides - there seems to be a lot more organisation and resilience at that level than we are seeing in the first team at this time.

Begs the question - do we have an ready-made answer to helping address some of the obvious problems right now within the current coaching setup? 

Edited by tarapoa

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The B team's cup run came to end away to Accies, where Campbell's first half red card scuppered the chances, and with Brora and Arbroath's mannies having been despatched in previous rounds.

Nevertheless listening to Robson on Red TV and looking at the record of his sides - there seems to be a lot more organisation and resilience at that level than we are seeing in the first team at this time.

Begs the question - do we have an ready-made answer to helping address some of the obvious problems right now within the current coaching setup? 

No. It's probably a lot easier to intimidate 19 year olds in to doing what they're told.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

It's unusual to replace like for like after a sacking, therefore replacing managerial inexperience with managerial inexperience. Usually the manager's perceived weakness is replaced with the opposite.

Just looking at our results this season in the league, really only Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home as offered a glimpse of real relegation candidates. Obviously, we need to stem the tide of these negative results or the confidence will seep away, but, for the moment, I still believe Glass can turn this situation around.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's unusual to replace like for like after a sacking, therefore replacing managerial inexperience with managerial inexperience. Usually the manager's perceived weakness is replaced with the opposite.

Just looking at our results this season in the league, really only Motherwell away and St Johnstone at home as offered a glimpse of real relegation candidates. Obviously, we need to stem the tide of these negative results or the confidence will sap away, but, for the moment, I still believe Glass can turn this situation around.

He can turn it around but he'll need to look at what he does with the defence. I've obviously got no where near the level of qualifications he has but to me it could be as simple as MacKenzie tucking in when Ramsay goes forward. Leaves a three at the back with the RW moving inside(Hedges/Watkins) for Ramsay to use the width. Brown sat in front of the back three. Essentially what Celtic were good at when Tierney bombed on at LB and Lustig tucked in.