The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Given so much is now riding on Saturday’s cup tie, what we really need on Wednesday is to chase around a Celtic side that seem to be ‘scoring for fun’.

The limp exit to the jutes last season came on the back of a decent Pittodrie performance v Celtic.

Will squad rotation occur this week, or is the Raith debacle the end of any notion of that happening?

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Dave’s always said he’ll be transparent with the fans but the recent radio silence continues

Does anyone think he’s considering pulling the trigger?

I thought the lack of backing in January was quite telling 

I think a cup exit may just force his hand 

I realise that some fans are continually looking at everything that Cormack does or doesn’t do to have a go at him, but this continual “Dave’s always said he’ll be transparent with the fans” is becoming very wearing. Do you really expect him to come out with a statement after three pretty dire games. Get real.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I realise that some fans are continually looking at everything that Cormack does or doesn’t do to have a go at him, but this continual “Dave’s always said he’ll be transparent with the fans” is becoming very wearing. Do you really expect him to come out with a statement after three pretty dire games. Get real.

Well, no

But he was quite happy to channel his inner Robin Hood during lockdown, has a go at Kenny McIntyre on the radio, promises a fans Q&A then disappears like snow off a dyke 

I think Alan Burrows is his template for being open with the fans but it seems all or nothing with Dave 

I like Cormack FWIW

6 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Decided not to bother watching the game yesterday, and instead went to the pub with a pal and watched the rugby. Great decision. Only football I watch these days is Aberdeen, and my enjoyment for watching the Dons is waning, so why bother?

Because it's what we do.

56 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well, no

But he was quite happy to channel his inner Robin Hood during lockdown, has a go at Kenny McIntyre on the radio, promises a fans Q&A then disappears like snow off a dyke 

I think Alan Burrows is his template for being open with the fans but it seems all or nothing with Dave 

I like Cormack FWIW

Fair enough, but just because he doesn’t come out with a statement every time the club is going through a sticky patch isn’t not being transparent. 

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Fair enough, but just because he doesn’t come out with a statement every time the club is going through a sticky patch isn’t not being transparent. 

I’m quite happy for him to stay silent just now until there’s a decision to be made. 

However, if we win a couple of games and he reappears he can f**k off. 

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m quite happy for him to stay silent just now until there’s a decision to be made. 

However, if we win a couple of games and he reappears he can f**k off. 

Do you mean between now and the end of the season or out of the next three?

19 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Dave’s always said he’ll be transparent with the fans but the recent radio silence continues

Does anyone think he’s considering pulling the trigger?

I thought the lack of backing in January was quite telling 

I think a cup exit may just force his hand 

Agree.

A horsing from the **** & then a cup defeat at Fir Park & that might be it.

It will be fun for the players & staff going through the away stand to get to the dressing room if we get papped out. 

Hard to be optimistic in any away game with Glass’s record. 

57 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Lucky he’s escaped long ball football and everything being a fight to land his loan move to….Mansfield in league two :lol:

loving the brass neck of the ‘I was too good for that league’ vibe tbh.