The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

What gives you such confidence?  

I’m not saying we won’t, because it is mathematically possible, but unless you really are the most pessimistic fan, we probably won’t be relegated. Whereas lose the cup match and it is 100% definite that we won’t win the cup.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not saying we won’t, because it is mathematically possible, but unless you really are the most pessimistic fan, we probably won’t be relegated. Whereas lose the cup match and it is 100% definite that we won’t win the cup.

If St Johnstone win in midweek and then beat us at Pittodrie next Tuesday then the gap would be 4 points between us and the Perth Saints.

I wouldn't be too confident just yet.

34 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

If St Johnstone win in midweek and then beat us at Pittodrie next Tuesday then the gap would be 4 points between us and the Perth Saints.

I wouldn't be too confident just yet.

Have you actually read my posts? The person said that the St Johnstone match is the most important game coming up, but it obviously isn’t. I’ve also never said that we won’t be relegated, just that we probably won’t be. You disagree?

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Could certainly do with the extra creativity although I'd imagine his best is long past him. Can't say I've seen a lot of him the last couple of years to know for sure.

You would think so but...

A technically-gifted midfielder capable of playing on either flank and delivering dangerous balls into the box with his left foot

1212456751_tenor(11).gif.d0dd47d7080baef334071e7b44f2a972.gif

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's played central midfield exclusively for about 18 months.

Big Sam:

“He tells me he’s played holding midfield, left of a three, wide left and right, so he’s pretty versatile across midfield.

And more importantly for the da's he's good to have about the place. 

“I’ve heard from many, many people that he is exceptional in the dressing room which is a great bonus on top of his abilities.”

24 minutes ago, big al said:

Who knows how good he would be now, but this smacks of desperation. Definitely not part of the supposed ‘vision’ anyway.

You don’t think we’re desperate. You do realise that the only players we can sign are free agents, so anyone we sign is not going to be part of the ‘vision’, just someone to try to get us through the next few months.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t think we’re desperate. You do realise that the only players we can sign are free agents, so anyone we sign is not going to be part of the ‘vision’, just someone to try to get us through the next few months.

It's grim though, this type of player in this manner after the window shuts is desperate, that's the only word for it.

We've added three players in the window. One Bobby Clark tipped us off about, one Scott Brown probably got, and one most suspect has Atlanta involvement. I'll be watching through my fingers when we start seeing the summer additions come in.

I'm trying to be positive but I'm very close to a meltdown full on rant. I'm trying to consider how a couple of wins could change the season this week but even a win at Fir Park will probably just mean a quarter-final exit, or defeating Celtic would be followed up with a home defeat to St Johnstone.

I was down in Kidderminster on Saturday so wasn't completely focused on the Aberdeen match which cushioned that miserable performance.

But when I see and hear that Glass on the TV or think about Cormack on Twitter or Radio Scotland and my blood starts to boil.

We're a f@cking shambles and you wouldn't bet a huge amount against us not doing a Hibs of 2014 and totally collapsing into the play-off position (hopefully Dundeh will take care of the bottom spot).

I have no belief that the club is in good hands, not in the chairman, the management team, the people behind the scenes or the majority of the players. The squad seems cobbled together without thought or purpose as we see with this rumours of wanting the ageing Snodgrass who will probably remain in England anyway unless his legs have actually gone then he will come up to Pittodrie to put his feet up.

The only transition we're going through is from mediocre to shite and no amount of calling out H*ns on the radio, building statues, eating rowies or aiming to become a 'Top 100' club whilst trying 'something different' and a 'strategic partnership' that seems to benefit neither Atlanta or ourselves is going to disguise this omni-shambles we're bearing witness to.

We need to get back to the bread and butter. Find a proper manager, give him the space to build his own team without Cormack, Atlanta or anyone else interfering and try to get back to winning between 60% to 65% of our league programme and drawing more than we lose with the rest.

Whilst we're in the middle of this extended 'transitioning period', Hearts are going to be playing European football until at least winter and attracting better players in the meantime.

If Cormack can't handle giving someone full control of footballing matters then he needs to step down.

My fear is that we're only at the start of this calamity. I don't believe Cormack has the ability to self-reflect and that could have very serious consequences for the club. 

Perhaps the one hope is that as things continue to falter he loses interest and hands it over to someone else with a bit more humility.

EDIT: That developed into a full on meltdown.

Edited by Bogbrush1903