The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

A decent 15 minutes is of no fucking use to anyone 

I genuinely fear for us if we sleepwalk into the bottom 6

Hibs 2014

I said this a few days ago. If we get into a scrap, would you trust this group of players to have the fight to get us out of trouble. St Johnston is an absolute must win next week. 

I think both those who are glass half full like King Joey and those who are glass half empty like myself understand that Saturday is going to either save Glass or be the end of any support for him among the fans.

I desperately hope that we win, because it's going to be a long few months with no Scottish Cup to play for. That and the vitriol if we lose will be horrendous to observe.

It is make or break time now.

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

The third goal, whilst dubious (we were never getting such a tight call) is ultimately absolutely shocking defending, again. 

I agree with your entire post.

But this paragraph… very understated…

Aberdeen will NEVER get a decision for them when Collum is refereeing the ****, nor when Alan Mulvanny (season ticket holder at Celtic) is assistant referee.

And that’s not forgetting our penalty not given in the 2nd half.

But…. Get Glass out tomorrow. 

I was Glass out before the game but I don’t think today is a reason to double down on that. Celtic are imperious at the moment.

I would say that Ramsay needs dropped entirely. Whether that means McCrorie right back or someone else, I’m not sure. Ideally, McCrorie needs utilised in midfield, he’s wasted at the back.

I'm struggling to apportion much blame to Ramsay at the first goal, to be honest. He should maybe be shielding Jota a bit closer, but you would expect any semi-competent goalkeeper to claim that ball without much hassle. 

I didn't actually think Ramsay stood out as being especially bad in the first half. There was no doubt that McCrorie's athleticism and drive from right-back did help to improve us in the second half, though. 

Cup game I'd go with: 

-----------Goalkeeper-----------

McCrorie-Gallagher-Bates-Hayes

------Brown------McGeouch

Kennedy----Ferguson--Besuijen

-----------Ramirez-------------

I do imagine there'll be a Ramsay and an Ojo in there though.

24 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

True McGeouch was shite, but Ojo is routinely shite. Couple of good set pieces, granted, but not sure he actually did anything else. 

Toss of a coin that one.

Ojo drove the team on. McGeouch was plum. Made a big difference.

That first half was as cowardly as anything I criticised McInnes for, against the cheeks.

1 hour ago, Alex_14 said:

True McGeouch was shite, but Ojo is routinely shite. Couple of good set pieces, granted, but not sure he actually did anything else. 

Toss of a coin that one.

Ojo's set pieces were miles better than Ramsay's. That said I don't think him and McGeouch offer anywhere near enough to command a start.

Would like to see Besuijen actually do a bit more. He's clearly got #tekkers but minimal end product (so far).

Give the lad a chance. He's only played 3 times in a new country with a new team. He has some potential.

11 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Ojo's set pieces were miles better than Ramsay's. That said I don't think him and McGeouch offer anywhere near enough to command a start.

Give the lad a chance. He's only played 3 times in a new country with a new team. He has some potential.

I'm not writing off Besuijen, not for a minute. He's got bags of ability. I'd like to see more end product though between him and Kennedy, as we need to fill the void of Hedges pretty quickly.  

Cup game I'd go with: 

-----------Goalkeeper-----------

McCrorie-Gallagher-Bates-Hayes

------Brown------McGeouch

Kennedy----Ferguson--Besuijen

-----------Ramirez-------------

I do imagine there'll be a Ramsay and an Ojo in there though.

I think Ojo will come in for McGeouch.

I think Ramsay will be sub.

Team & formation that finished tonight will start at Fir Park