The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So if we lose to Motherwell but beat St Johnstone comfortably, you’re going to be a happy fan?

Far from it, the worst thing that could happen is being relegated, not winning the Scottish Cup wouldn't be the same sort of disaster that relegation would be.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lucky he’s escaped long ball football and everything being a fight to land his loan move to….Mansfield in league two :lol:

loving the brass neck of the ‘I was too good for that league’ vibe tbh. 

I'd argue we don't play enough long balls too.

Need a fine balance between McInnes and Glass' style.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

When we do play long balls it's usually because the midfield hasn't come back to pick up the ball so we probably played long more often when he was on. 

45 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Far from it, the worst thing that could happen is being relegated, not winning the Scottish Cup wouldn't be the same sort of disaster that relegation would be.

If we lose to Motherwell we definitely can't win the Scottish Cup this season.  If we lose to St Johnstone next week we probably won't be relegated. 

Edited by kingjoey

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

The long ball stuff is obviously nonsense. But it’s an easy out for him. No one in Mansfield will know any different. 

I’m not sure we necessarily need to play more long balls, we just need to be more progressive with our passing, be quicker and frankly, more accurate. 

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

What gives you such confidence?  

I’m not saying we won’t, because it is mathematically possible, but unless you really are the most pessimistic fan, we probably won’t be relegated. Whereas lose the cup match and it is 100% definite that we won’t win the cup.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not saying we won’t, because it is mathematically possible, but unless you really are the most pessimistic fan, we probably won’t be relegated. Whereas lose the cup match and it is 100% definite that we won’t win the cup.

If St Johnstone win in midweek and then beat us at Pittodrie next Tuesday then the gap would be 4 points between us and the Perth Saints.

I wouldn't be too confident just yet.

34 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

If St Johnstone win in midweek and then beat us at Pittodrie next Tuesday then the gap would be 4 points between us and the Perth Saints.

I wouldn't be too confident just yet.

Have you actually read my posts? The person said that the St Johnstone match is the most important game coming up, but it obviously isn’t. I’ve also never said that we won’t be relegated, just that we probably won’t be. You disagree?