The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Darren Ferguson is 50, would be quite strange if he was out in a nightclub on a Thursday night with guys half his age.

He's maybe a friend of Prince Andrew...

Goodwin saying after the game that brown wasn’t risked due to being tired after Wednesday. 

Not really buying that seeing as he wasn’t even on the bench yesterday. Could definitely be some mileage in the falling out story. I did think months ago when it first looked like glass might get sacked that it would leave brown in a pretty difficult position. 

Given Goodwin doesn’t want him doing much coaching it seems logical that he’s plotting his way out asap. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Goodwin saying after the game that brown wasn’t risked due to being tired after Wednesday. 

Not really buying that seeing as he wasn’t even on the bench yesterday. Could definitely be some mileage in the falling out story. I did think months ago when it first looked like glass might get sacked that it would leave brown in a pretty difficult position. 

Given Goodwin doesn’t want him doing much coaching it seems logical that he’s plotting his way out asap. 

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see him at Dundee United next season given his friendship with Courts especially with Fuchs away and Levitt very unlikely to sign for them would say.

They just need to have a grown-up conversation on this one.

Brown is here due to wanting to take a step into coaching. Goodwin as a new manager is entitled to have his own thoughts on his backroom staff.

Brown has also been in the game long enough to know his own performance was way off it at Tynecastle. He’s been out for a few weeks, so maybe there were reasons for that, but no point in everyone throwing toys out of the pram.

Yesterday’s highlights suggested a solid performance, but yet again the conundrums of Calvin’s defensive frailties and Ramirez’ frankly appalling hold-up play and distribution were there to see - both players are important for us, and hopefully JG finds a way to get the best out of them. He seems to be getting that with Gallagher, which is encouraging.

34 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

They just need to have a grown-up conversation on this one.

Brown is here due to wanting to take a step into coaching. Goodwin as a new manager is entitled to have his own thoughts on his backroom staff.

Brown has also been in the game long enough to know his own performance was way off it at Tynecastle. He’s been out for a few weeks, so maybe there were reasons for that, but no point in everyone throwing toys out of the pram.

Yesterday’s highlights suggested a solid performance, but yet again the conundrums of Calvin’s defensive frailties and Ramirez’ frankly appalling hold-up play and distribution were there to see - both players are important for us, and hopefully JG finds a way to get the best out of them. He seems to be getting that with Gallagher, which is encouraging.

The conversation has already happened, expect a departure from Pittodrie in the next fortnight 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If there was one game Scott Brown would want to play in it would be against Rangers. His 2 best performances of the season were in the first 2 games with Rangers so I really doubt he would be too fatigued and would probably have wanted to play even if totally unfit.

The Brown situation should have been sorted out as part of the process of recruiting Goodwin.  All the indications seem to be that it wasn't and differences continued to fester.  That's exactly what you don't need at the start of a manager's reign, a disintegrating relationship between the new manager and the club captain with no doubt some knock-on effect in the dressing room.  It's not the biggest worry I have but it's further evidence that the club is no longer being professionally run.

I think some folk are jumping to conclusions about what has happened with Brown with little evidence, but I suppose that is the nature of social media. By all accounts, he and Goodwin had a good relationship before the latter became our manager, and Goodwin has spoken highly of Brown both as a player and a person in the media more than once. Saying that, it does seem unlikely that he would have been happy to be left out of the squad yesterday as a precautionary measure, given what we know about him. 

I thought Brown started the season really well. His experience was crucial in the early European games and he was usually one of our best performers on the pitch. Unfortunately, his performances haven't been good recently. I think the most likely explanation is just that he has played too many games over a relatively short period of time for that performance level to be sustainable at his age, and it has begun to catch up with him. As a result of that, I wouldn't have much of an issue with him moving on, but anybody who thinks that virtually all of our problems can be laid at his door is going to be in for an unpleasant realisation, I fear. 

33 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

The Brown situation should have been sorted out as part of the process of recruiting Goodwin.  All the indications seem to be that it wasn't and differences continued to fester.  That's exactly what you don't need at the start of a manager's reign, a disintegrating relationship between the new manager and the club captain with no doubt some knock-on effect in the dressing room.  It's not the biggest worry I have but it's further evidence that the club is no longer being professionally run.

It should have been but we told you to f**k of not wanted

Top six watch….(well we need to make sure we’re in it at the split to have a chance to qualify for Europe, where 5th could be enough).

This has actually been a relatively productive weekend in that respect, given we never really expected anything from our game.

Hibs and Motherwell failed to win at home to the bottom two. United were leading a Hearts side who had five players carried off and still didn’t win.
Livingston didn’t do their usual job on Celtic.

Only Ross County made a significant leap, and that was at the expense of St Mirren.

Bottom line is we win the next three, we make the top six. Two winnable home matches and a visit to Dens to play a McGhee team - still doable?

Top six watch….(well we need to make sure we’re in it at the split to have a chance to qualify for Europe, where 5th could be enough).

This has actually been a relatively productive weekend in that respect, given we never really expected anything from our game.

Hibs and Motherwell failed to win at home to the bottom two. United were leading a Hearts side who had five players carried off and still didn’t win.

Only Ross County made a significant leap, and that was at the expense of St Mirren.

Bottom line is we win the next three, we make the top six. Two winnable home matches and a visit to Dens to play a McGhee team - still doable?

Looks possible on paper, although we’ve not won in our last 10 games so I’d be astonished if we make it. Goodwin has a fortnight on the training pitch to put his stamp on the team before the next game at least.

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

No

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif.120c36684a980670835afcd0b3d420ad.gif