The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not entirely surprising.

I never cared about the Celtic ‘baggage’ and I liked the early promise of brown the player but that has disappeared of late, I never loved the caricature arsehole behaviour really and he was part of a failed coaching team.

He also said some things in interviews that I probably put 2 and 2 together and made 5 but they didn’t always sit right with me. 

Anyway… thanks scott. 

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Always thought this was a weird one.

Scott Brown has always been an immature clown. The notion that he's a 'winner' exists purely because he played for Celtic in years when they couldn't fail to win, and even in doing so he managed to constantly act in a way that showed absolutely no class and was rarely befitting the captain of as big football club.

Celtic fans lapped it up because he liked laughing in the face of Rangers players, but his main virtue as a Celtic player seems to have been hanging around for years in an era when it was really easy to play for Celtic.

Goodwin seems a wise man to empty him. Never saw the sense in this for Aberdeen. Not enough left in the tank as a player to justify him being around, and he's always been a bellend.

Have to disagree totally here, it took years for him to win over our fans, for various reasons but technically we wasn’t as good as others and it took a while for him to find his true place in the team. Once he did however it was blindingly obvious when he wasn’t in the team, our aggression and tempo in the team as a whole dropped off and thats where this ‘winner’ type label became apparent. It’s clear why every manager he’s had up until Goodwin took over saw him as a first pick despite not being technically brilliant. His legs may have gone a fair bit now and should perhaps be used more sparingly but I hope he doesn’t retire from playing straight away myself and has another season somewhere in the top league.  

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

Have to disagree totally here, it took years for him to win over our fans, for various reasons but technically we wasn’t as good as others and it took a while for him to find his true place in the team. Once he did however it was blindingly obvious when he wasn’t in the team, our aggression and tempo in the team as a whole dropped off and thats where this ‘winner’ type label became apparent. It’s clear why every manager he’s had up until Goodwin took over saw him as a first pick despite not being technically brilliant. His legs may have gone a fair bit now and should perhaps be used more sparingly, I hope he doesn’t retire from playing straight away myself and has another season somewhere in the top league.  

He certainly won’t be able to play in Scotland until the new season.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He certainly won’t be able to play in Scotland until the new season.

Im aware of that and the long gap may push him towards retirement from playing which is understandable but he wont be short of coaching offers would say, be interesting to see where he ends up next and in what role.

8 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Broony to bring his winning mentality to Aberdeen, fucks off with them 10th in the league. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nice of you to put 4 laughing emoji’s at the end just to let everyone know that you are definitely not still bothered by Scott Brown

51 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nice of you to put 4 laughing emoji’s at the end just to let everyone know that you are definitely not still bothered by Scott Brown

Think we all saw at tynecastle the days of anyone being bothered by broony are long gone. 

toodles hon back to the bigot thread xx

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Thanks to Scott Brown for the positive things you did for us up until about Christmas time, in particular that goal at Ibrox.

I appreciate he's not part of the clubs long term plans and with his mate going he has likely lost interest. I had hoped he would stay for these last 3 games to try and make the top 6 though. I thought Goodwin had rested him on that basis. It's a poor conclusion for him here, but he did have some good moments last year.