The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Thankfully it's been announced the Devlin fiasco will finally be brought to an end.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/4146071/michael-devlin-to-leave-aberdeen-this-summer/

That'll destroy the folk that were spouting "we're chucking Andy Considine out the door as we're about to offer Devlin a 2 year deal."

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The devlin saga has been very sad. None of this is his fault but we really should’ve let him go a long time ago. 

Yes he should never had been given a new contract last summer. 

Hearing we are interested in Oisin McEntee from Newcastle as Devlin's replacement. He's currently on loan at Morton which should lead to a meltdown of "is this the best we can attract" when clearly he would be back up to Bates and Gallagher.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The devlin saga has been very sad. None of this is his fault but we really should’ve let him go a long time ago. 

The surgeon we arranged for him fucked it up apparently so I imagine we felt obliged to give him every chance possible 

36 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Hearing we are interested in Oisin McEntee from Newcastle as Devlin's replacement. He's currently on loan at Morton which should lead to a meltdown of "is this the best we can attract" when clearly he would be back up to Bates and Gallagher.

You should be asking if Bates and Gallagher are the best you can attract.

56 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

21 yo, international at all age groups, surely been training with quality players at Newcastle? 

GettyImages-1207295014.thumb.jpg.4486a6dc9ea7bd7678378694f647bac5.jpg

Erm, as you were... 

McEntee is our best centre back by a distance and should have a big future.

Already good enough for a bottom six top flight side? Probably. He's certainly a better player than some of the centre backs up there anyway.

Already good enough for a side presumably aiming to compete for third and comfortably make the top six next season though? I don't think so.

An absolutely massive upgrade on David Bates? Definitely.

I see the Press and Journal are saying that JET's contract will be terminated in the next few days as well.

Thought he was an uninspiring signing at the time but really didn't think he'd turn out to be quite as much of a disaster as he has.

I have to admit JET had me hoodwinked after that hacken game. I thought he was brilliant that night. He did show glimpses of that in the following couple of months too.

The first warning sign was livi away early on when he started on his own up front. He was absolutely stinking, properly wretched. 

St Mirren away was the end, had clearly just given up and was fat. A disappointment as he’s clearly capable (technically) of being a good player. 

20 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

We need a first pick central defender though, not a “back” up to Gallagher/Bates.