The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

29 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

And as absolutely fucking hilarious as the Embra and Dundee yo-yos recent travails have been, they were at least conducted with some level of decorum and dare I say it dignity.

Well, not the last Hearts relegation.  They went to court FFS.  

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Relegation would be an absolute disaster for us. It doesn’t bear thinking about and if this season hasn’t been a kick in the baws for the club then that is extremely worrying. 

Oh it would be but how was Raith Rovers not a sufficient booting or any other of the shambles we've had.  Anyway the most we can hope for is to have nothing to play for soon and we can bury this season 6ft down then salt the earth. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Any updates on the polish left back Jakub Niewiadomski?

Goodwin is suggesting we are in for some "very, very good players" this coming window. 

We could all do with some optimism for next season after enduring this current campaign.

Well Goodwin is hardly going to say his budget has been slashed so the signings he is making will be "average bargain basement players"

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What happened to the new manager bounce?

Goodwin has 1 win, 3 draws and 3 defeats.

Glass' last 7 games were 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats. 

That seems an improvement to me. Don’t say that’s not a bounce. 

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

And i think a couple of those matches, Hearts away and yesterday was as bad, if not worse, than anything we witnessed under Glass.

We need to give the new manager time but there's ominous early signs.

The fans will not be fooled by gimmicks or advertising campaigns. The only way to shift season tickets is getting something worth watching on the pitch.

Nobody at that stadium yesterday left thinking, "Oh I must buy my early bird season ticket" or, "I can't wait for the next game". It was eye-bleeding torture.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Pretty much matches Goodwin’s start to the season with St Mirren, three wins in twenty matches followed by a purple patch into the New Year 

57 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Great to see the fans turn on the manager after all of seven games.

Don’t think fans have turned on him, just disappointed he hasn’t made a bit more of an impact so far. 

Wonder if the club is still paying for 3 managers, JG SG and DMc? 🤣

Just now, big al said:

Don’t think fans have turned on him, just disappointed he hasn’t made a bit more of an impact so far. 

Wonder if the club is still paying for 3 managers, JG SG and DMc? 🤣

Or was McIness’ contract finished?

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Great to see the fans turn on the manager after all of seven games.

That's correct, he needs time, and he'll get time as the pressure will ease as soon as we secure our safety.

But if we don't secure our safety, then his 11th and 12th games are going to see intense pressure on the team and scrutiny on his position and decisions.

19 hours ago, tarapoa said:

If there's one phrase that's really getting irritating it's this 'throwing under a bus' thing.

Goodwin even used it this week.

It paints a picture of people in football as these sensitive primadonnas that can't accept the cold hard reality that others need to in everyday life.

Does Goodwin really have to do anything other than pretend that lamentable performance was anything other than completely unacceptable for fear of upsetting the poor wee souls ahead of the last few matches?  He has to take a good look at himself today - tactics, motivation, gameplan, substitutions - all questionable for a 'must win' home game against a side on the fraction of our budget.

Aye but if you tell players they’re not good enough, and won’t be playing for you next season, do you really think they will be as motivated as if, for example,  you say your future in undecided, prove to me you’re worth a new deal?

Different if you drop them completely out of the squad.

Would you really bust a gut for a manager thats told you you’re shite and not good at your job, why would you help him succeed?

Its poor man management. Terry Butcher’s Hibs half season was the greatest example of how badly it can go wrong.

19 hours ago, tarapoa said:

If there's one phrase that's really getting irritating it's this 'throwing under a bus' thing.

Goodwin even used it this week.

It paints a picture of people in football as these sensitive primadonnas that can't accept the cold hard reality that others need to in everyday life.

Does Goodwin really have to do anything other than pretend that lamentable performance was anything other than completely unacceptable for fear of upsetting the poor wee souls ahead of the last few matches?  He has to take a good look at himself today - tactics, motivation, gameplan, substitutions - all questionable for a 'must win' home game against a side on the fraction of our budget.

Playing devils advocate here. Looking at the state of Aberdeen before Goodwin came in, the size of the budget doesn't matter as it was clearly misspent.

If someone chooses to spend £500k on a skoda, doesn't mean it has a god given right to beat a porche 911 in a race.

23 minutes ago, Buddiesaint said:

Playing devils advocate here. Looking at the state of Aberdeen before Goodwin came in, the size of the budget doesn't matter as it was clearly misspent.

If someone chooses to spend £500k on a skoda, doesn't mean it has a god given right to beat a porche 911 in a race.

Judging a manager without a transfer window seems premature. 

Is the skoda JET? 

Just now, coprolite said:

Judging a manager without a transfer window seems premature. 

Good luck with that. Goodwin has a habit of signing shite forwards.

I honestly think you will have no problems staying up.

Looking increasingly likely that Robinson had killed the team spirit in our dressing room. 

I like Goodwin, but he only got the Dons job on the back of a few lucky results after the winter break.

He is a very decent hard working individual. I wish you had never sacked Glass as it’s killed the momentum we had.