The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is absolutely pathetic. f**k anyone who goes down this route. 

It's embarrassing and deeply depressing. I really hope that light can be shone on social media morons like this and expose them.

From the club's point of view, how can we attract the best players possible to the club or keep our stand out performers when players start discussing this type of moronic , ignorant hate speech?

Obviously it's still an issue in the whole of the UK as in the rest of Europe but it's a real shame that the club gets associated with it because of a cowardly social media message from a halfwit.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's embarrassing and deeply depressing. I really hope that light can be shone on social media morons like this and expose them.

From the club's point of view, how can we attract the best players possible to the club or keep our stand out performers when players start discussing this type of moronic , ignorant hate speech?

Obviously it's still an issue in the whole of the UK as in the rest of Europe but it's a real shame that the club gets associated with it because of a cowardly social media message from a halfwit.

Don’t know why any of you are surprised, there’s a sub forum called pub chat in one of your unofficial club forums, which has the most openly rancid racism I have seen. They’re competing to see who can be the most offensive. 

14 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Don’t know why any of you are surprised, there’s a sub forum called pub chat in one of your unofficial club forums, which has the most openly rancid racism I have seen. They’re competing to see who can be the most offensive. 

Haven't seen anyone saying they're surprised. Disappointed, embarrassed, angry? Yes, but it's not surprising. We, like all supports, have some fucking idiots. I hope whoever it was gets caught and dealt with properly. 

Every club has its share of idiots.

All we can do is deal with situations as they present themselves on the terraces or online.

If only our governing bodies would take a zero tolerance approach to the biggest problem that face Scottish football which is religious bigotry we could look to tackle other issues with the same approach.

However the SFA, the SPFL and the two clubs concerned actually use religious intolerance to sell the “oldest football derby” in the world.

It sickens me that UEFA can fine both these clubs for behaviour involving their fans in Europe yet the SFA and the SPFL just ignore the issue at a domestic level as it brings money into the game. 

It is fucking corrupt. 

Maxwell and Doncaster are afraid to tackle the issue as they know they will be targeted by the scum that follow follow/hail hail these clubs.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

You sound like an ambulance chaser, going looking for offensive posts.

Why would you go into an opposition fans forum, then a sub forum?

You are right though in that some of the content is made by absolute f@nnies who are purely seeking attention. 

23 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You sound like an ambulance chaser, going looking for offensive posts.

Why would you go into an opposition fans forum, then a sub forum?

You are right though in that some of the content is made by absolute f@nnies who are purely seeking attention. 

I think the answer to that question is cunningly hidden within your final sentence 😉

On 26/12/2022 at 20:03, Dons_1988 said:

3) the summer window was the first shot at the new recruitment system (well technically January I suppose but JET etc we’re not part of the new system). I think we’ve done some great business tbh that we’ll see a return on investment on, but we were in a tricky position where we basically had to replace an entire team. I can’t really evidence anything to you but I’m convinced the recruitment process is now significantly better. 

Yip. Gutted we signed Miovski and Duk.

Should have went all out for Callum Hendry and Eamonn Brophy.

Looks like a dead cert for our form clocking in 6 points from 24 after tonight. This run of form is already notably worse than the one that ultimately saw Glass sacked. I can't really see it being much, if any, better after the visit of Ross County and St Johnstone. Does he get the transfer window to try and salvage this or is the eject button required now?

Edited by bpdon

48 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Looks like a dead cert for our form clocking in 6 points from 24 after tonight. This run of form is already notably worse than the one that ultimately saw Glass sacked. I can't really see it being much, if any, better after the visit of Ross County and St Johnstone. Does he get the transfer window to try and salvage this or is the eject button required now?

I always feel one transfer window isn't enough to fairly judge a manager but something has to change.

We've recruited a squad to play 4-2-3-1. Duk and Clarkson have become too important to leave out so we've had to change the system to show horn everyone in. 

Now we've no space for several of the summer signings, along with Besuijen and prospects like Duncan.

1 hour ago, bpdon said:

I was for giving him the January window but not after that. I don't want to see us becoming the Scottish Watford but this has evidently failed. Goodwin hates living in the city, doesn't like the city and going by the performances recently doesn't like being the manager of our club. 

I'd cut our losses tbh. We held on to Glass 6 weeks too long and left us looking over our shoulder come the end of the season. We have the chance now to remedy this. The HoR is still in place so recruitment shouldn't be that much of an issue. A blindfolded Stevie Wonder can see where we need to strengthen. 

But, for the love of god, do not hire somebody from this league. If we are looking to further our horizons on the player recruitment front then we need to do the same on the managerial front.

34 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Goodwin hates living in the city, doesn't like the city and going by the performances recently doesn't like being the manager of our club. 

Aberdeen maybe isn't what you'd like after the bright lights of Paisley but Aberdeenshire is a brilliant place for a  man in his 40s to bring up  weans.

Not sure you've called this right, chap...

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aberdeen maybe isn't what you'd like after the bright lights of Paisley but Aberdeenshire is a brilliant place for a  man in his 40s to bring up  weans.

Not sure you've called this right, chap...

It's a shame he doesn't bring his "weans" up there then isn't it. They still live down in the central belt. 

So aye i've called it right, chap...

Edited by DunbartonshireRed