The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

For a team that’s never finished top 6 post spilt, they have a lot to say.

They might just do it this year.

Might… as you say, they invariably bottle it. 

You’d think for all their condescending talk and hubris about what a fantastic season they’re having/how terrible ours is that they’d be more than 1 (*one*) point ahead of us.

57 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This from the laddie who's a seething mess on the Hearts - **** thread because Hearts are third and Aberdeen are shite 😀

The third farce must have won yesterday unlike the midweek debacle.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This from the laddie who's a seething mess on the Hearts - **** thread because Hearts are third and Aberdeen are shite 😀

A seething mess?

Just pointed out some simple true facts about Hearts.  

Not surprised you stick up for this St Mirren fan. You also tend to frequent Aberdeens page ... a lotBreathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

On 05/02/2023 at 00:43, Thenorthernlight said:

Was that the no22 (?) that came on in the 2nd half ?

He committed two yellow card offences in about 90 seconds. One was a stonewall yellow, the other maybe borderline. 
That useless streak of stale piss Clancy just ignored it

He was fucking horrendous today. Inexcusable some of his decisions. 

Number 8.

13 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Coulson has just signed an extension to his Boro contract until 2025. I’m fairly surprised by that as he looked nowhere near the required standard, and I thought he wasn’t highly thought of at Aberdeen. Or am I wrong?

I think he's been good before our bad run. Had a very good game yesterday after he replaced Hayes

Coulson can be electric going forward - capable of gliding past players fairly effortlessly, and he has been at the heart of some of our more enjoyable displays this season, mostly at home , but including the Hampden semi.

He can also be a total liability in a defensive sense, and was exposed time and again in some of our away horror shows..

Maybe Middlesbrough feel it's easier to fix the latter - but then we just got rid of a manager who clearly thought the very same.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Coulson can be electric going forward - capable of gliding past players fairly effortlessly, and he has been at the heart of some of our more enjoyable displays this season, mostly at home , but including the Hampden semi.

He can also be a total liability in a defensive sense, and was exposed time and again in some of our away horror shows..

Maybe Middlesbrough feel it's easier to fix the latter - but then we just got rid of a manager who clearly thought the very same.

He’s not great as a left back in a back 4.

More suited to a left wing back in a back 3 and playing further up the pitch 

I was not that impressed with Coulson defensively in a 3 or a 4. Looked better going forward on left side of midfield or winger. Not that bothered we are not signing him. 

Edited by Jute

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Coulson has just signed an extension to his Boro contract until 2025. I’m fairly surprised by that as he looked nowhere near the required standard, and I thought he wasn’t highly thought of at Aberdeen. Or am I wrong?

He played well on Saturday but it was only Motherwell.

When Coulson is good, he tends to be really good. When Coulson is bad, he tends to be really bad. He was outstanding against Rangers at Hampden, especially in a defensive sense. He then followed that up with two truly dismal performances in succession, although obviously wasn't alone. 

Overall, I think I quite like him, but I wish he was more consistent.