The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 03/03/2024 at 13:56, Thenorthernlight said:

Aberdeen were not good in possession yesterday, but up until the penalty in the 96th minute, I don’t think Roos had a save of much significance, & I never felt St Mirren would score.

Aimless crosses, or that donkey at the back just passing it out of play. 

Roos stopped one right on the line, in the scramble that followed, I thought it might have crossed the line for one moment. He also brilliantly tipped a Jamieson effort onto the bar, but the officials never gave the corner. That’s two important Roos saves right there without even thinking too much. There may have been more. The notion that we never looked like scoring doesn’t sit right with me. I felt we were getting closer and closer to something going our way. To be fair, I never for a single moment thought we’d actually win, but I could sniff a 1-1, with Warnock choosing to try and hold what he had in that second half. We kept going and going, against Ross C in the previous match and got a late break for 1-1 there. Christ, we missed an absolute sitter in that one to actually win it 2-1 very late on as well.

If Warnock genuinely thought we were never going to score, he surely hadn’t watched us at Dingwall. We were shite, but never gave up.

Edited by pozbaird

I thought they were going to score, right up until I got into my car and saw it was 90+1 and thought ‘ooft, we may just do this’. 

But football hates me, and I hate football. So there we go. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There's every chance that Chris Wilder will be available tomorrow. 

Do all your managers now need to be a bit gammony?

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought they were going to score, right up until I got into my car and saw it was 90+1 and thought ‘ooft, we may just do this’. 

But football hates me, and I hate football. So there we go. 

I was celebrating wildly with two goals in injury time but I was in the West Ham end at Goodison with no access to the network (all through the game) so had no idea what the scoreline was...

Once I was outside and was able to establish that the two injury time goals at Goodison had been usurped by the two injury time goals in Paisley, I surmised that what the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away...

Maybe it was his way of telling me that I should've been in Paisley rather than Liverpool.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Speaking to my Aberdeen side of the family, they are still in the "too good a squad" camp.

That may be the case, but, I'm not too sure about that.

Your goalie is pishe, your fullbacks are meh. Your centre halves are a clown show.

Midfield - only 1 player has a bit of dig. Shinnie, and he is slow and the game passes him by too often. The rest are ok, but overrated.

Forward - Miovski is class, but on a dry spell. Duk looks like a 1 one season wonder.

Apart from, all the best.

I have no skin in the game, just a view of watching them about 12 times this season...

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Your goalie is pishe, (agreed)

your fullbacks are meh (agreed)

Your centre halves are a clown show (agreed although i love big Rubi when he is fit)

Midfield - only 1 player has a bit of dig. Shinnie, (agreed) and he is slow and the game passes him by too often (agreed).

The rest are ok, but overrated (slight disagree. Lots of talent and potential but all doing similar things in the middle of the pitch and no width)

Forward - Miovski is class (agreed), but on a dry spell. Duk looks like a 1 one season wonder (slight disagree but clearly not hitting the heights this year).