The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Goodie in his 1st spell was good for us and hes not exactly doing a Daly or Flood and ripping us off to sign so should go with best wishes (except when he plays against United) theres worst places for him to sign on at after all ;) and yeah mean generally but not against us :D

I didn't mean I'd boo him(didn't boo Flood, Robson, Daly either, booing former players is pathetic behaviour), more that I hope he's rubbish, because Aberdeen are a rival club.

McGinn plays wide, so can Pawlett. We also have a young lad called Scott Wright who is a winger and big things are expected of him. Not sure how much he will feature this season but he's very direct and skilful.

I was more going along the lines of out-and-out on the flanks. I don't imagine you'd really want to play Pawlett out wide unless you had to and I assume that McGinn is played out wide to accomodate the former. If those options are good enough though for you guys then fair enough. I just figured that with a solid structure at the back you would be looking to populate your attacking options out wide a bit more.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

The one year deal could be a win-win. If he's amazing, we get a terrific striker for a season. Yeah we might lose him but we'd surely have a good chance of him repaying our faith. If he's gash we just cut it at 6 months and tell him cheery-bye.

Hopefully he sees this as what it is: his last chance at this level.

Reckon we only need two more players for the new season: left back and another option going forward, preferably a winger so we can at least try McGinn through the middle.

This will be one of those signings that will either be a stroke of genius or it will totally bomb. Don't see there being any middle ground.

There is no doubt that Goodwillie is a very talented player but there is also no doubt that mentally he has been shot to shit in the last few years and he has never really got going since his move down to Blackburn. If he can grab an early goal for Aberdeen (but hopefully not against us) then he might go on to have a fantastic season. Struggle in the first few games and you might see the same Goodwillie that we had last year with his head down and nothing going for him.

I would have taken him at Motherwell.

Of course it is a risk, but then so is every player signing on at most clubs in the top flight.

Could work out very well for the dandies - 2nd in the bag now

Disappointed he's signed for ewes, so is he by the looks of things. I think those extra 70 miles from Stirling will be good for him too.

I really want him to get his career back on track but was rather it wasn't with Aberdeen. Hopefully he has a good 6 months then signs a pre-contract with another English club and then sits on his erse for the remainder of his time up here.

But them I'm a bitter individual.