The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, d31 said:

It's a bit concerning we dont have two or three in mind to go straight to.

You'd like to think we should always be doing our homework and for example have in mind who replaces Ferguson if someone bids £4M for him on Monday morning.

"We always work two windows ahead".

You have to believe that's garbage when we pick up Taylor etc.

Saying that it would have been two windows after Main put us out of the cup 🤣

16 minutes ago, d31 said:

It's a bit concerning we dont have two or three in mind to go straight to.

You'd like to think we should always be doing our homework and for example have in mind who replaces Ferguson if someone bids £4M for him on Monday morning.

We probably did but all money raised is now going on debt.

Free transfers and loans will be all we can afford until the pandemic ends

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not true.

Cosgrove had 6 months left on his contract and Carlisle were happy for him to leave in January as they didn't see a future for him at your club. We'd already agreed a pre-season contract with Cosgrove. Carlisle wanted 30k (development fees) for his immediate transfer in January. And as Dave Cormack told me 18 months ago, Carlisle are due NO % of any future fee we may receive for Cosgrove.

Be interesting to see who's right, either we pick up £500,000+ or our chairman is outed as a liar.

Either does me :-)

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19040714.cosgrove-future-back-spotlight/

Chairman Andrew Jenkins last year confirmed Carlisle retain a “financial interest” in the ex-Wigan man, which could benefit the Blues in the form of a sell-on clause.

6 minutes ago, orfc said:

Be interesting to see who's right, either we pick up £500,000+ or our chairman is outed as a liar.

Either does me 🙂

Chairman Andrew Jenkins last year confirmed Carlisle retain a “financial interest” in the ex-Wigan man, which could benefit the Blues in the form of a sell-on clause.

A financial interest does not necessarily mean anything as big as that sort of percentage. It would have been crazy for Aberdeen to agree to it for a player they already had signed up for nothing.

It could even just be the FIFA solidarity payment which is normally a small amount split between the all club's he developed at before he was 23.

2 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

So Hendry 3rd choice?

You would hope, or that there's some names in there ahead of him for 3rd as well.

Evening Express has McInnes saying it'll be a loan signing so Stewart seems unlikely to be coming this month anyway.

Edited by Rodhull

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Not really the reason he’s hated so much by us.

I know this isn't how fitba works, but it would make me a lot happier if there was a wee black book somewhere under lock and key at Pittodrie where the names of players who have committed evil deeds against our club are recorded, and said book was consulted before any potential transfer to ensure no unacceptable c***s darken our door.  Although Mulgrew has since turned out to be a bit of a bellend, he was our bellend back then, so f**k Lafferty and his cheating pish and the Ibrox fog that afflicts referees and allows that shite to happen.    

Not that I'm bitter or anything.... 

3 minutes ago, resk said:

I know this isn't how fitba works, but it would make me a lot happier if there was a wee black book somewhere under lock and key at Pittodrie where the names of players who have committed evil deeds against our club are recorded, and said book was consulted before any potential transfer to ensure no unacceptable c***s darken our door.  Although Mulgrew has since turned out to be a bit of a bellend, he was our bellend back then, so f**k Lafferty and his cheating pish and the Ibrox fog that afflicts referees and allows that shite to happen.    

Not that I'm bitter or anything.... 

The book shouldn't have to be consulted. It should be part of the entrance exam for any manager to know it off by heart.

26 minutes ago, resk said:

a wee black book somewhere under lock and key at Pittodrie where the names of players who have committed evil deeds against our club are recorded

And I thought some Rangers fans (not the ones who post on here) and some Celtic fans (including the ones who post on here) were bad.

Congratulations on taking paranoia to a new level.

list.JPG.9ba254f90f6e5ae5e640ee9f57d4fbe2.JPG

Edited by The_Kincardine

47 minutes ago, orfc said:

Either does me 🙂

I presume there's a bit of face saving from Carlisle. There should be questions asked on why a player (who wasn't rated by their staff) went to a higher level for peanuts and was then sold for around 100 times that figure.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And I thought some Rangers fans (not the ones who post on here) and some Celtic fans (including the ones who post on here) were bad.

Aye thanks.  I'm actually quite proud of myself.  

Forgive me for being thick but why do we need a big striker?
A quick memory search if recent (well recent for me and@jacksgranda) at our highest scorers and not one was a “big unit”

Harper
Jarvie
Black
Hewitt
Robb
Bett
McGhee
McGinn
Gilhaus

Etc.

Stop buying big guys Derek

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

list.JPG.9ba254f90f6e5ae5e640ee9f57d4fbe2.JPG

Surely we’d be allowed to write Laugherty’s name in our black book. Along with Willie Johnston and Derek Johnstone.