The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Hands up time, I got it wrong. I thought Goodwin was “the man” to lead us back to where we should be, and I felt he should have got the gig 12 months before he actually did.
You absolve him of blame, to a degree for last season’s  ending but I’ve seen nothing this season, to give me confidence that he is, in fact,  “the man”. The summer recruitment has been patchy at best. 3 or 4 of the 11 purchased should be nowhere near Aberdeen. Far too many speculative punts taken on players. 
Today was just Shite and I’ve lost complete confidence in Goodwin.

Partially agree.

I’m giving him a bit more time though. The break in November is a good time to have a think, that’s about halfway through the league season.

I thought tactically he got a good few things wrong today. 
- a midfield two.  
- taking Duk off instead of Besuijen - keep pace on the pitch.  
- Moving McCrorie back to defence, weakening an already outnumbered midfield & putting an out his depth Polvara on. 

There are some warning signs but I’ll wait another 10 games or so. 

21 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

- Moving McCrorie back to defence, weakening an already outnumbered midfield & putting an out his depth Polvara on. 

This is the part of today that has annoyed me.

It's been obvious since well before the transfer window shut that we needed another CB so we don't have to move McCrorie back everytime something happens to one of our CB's or we play Celtic.

The failure to recruit another CB/not trusting Milne means this is going to happen all season and was entirely predictable, even to a moron like me. We should have been better prepared.

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

This is the part of today that has annoyed me.

It's been obvious since well before the transfer window shut that we needed another CB so we don't have to move McCrorie back everytime something happens to one of our CB's or we play Celtic.

The failure to recruit another CB/not trusting Milne means this is going to happen all season and was entirely predictable, even to a moron like me. We should have been better prepared.

And another right back for the same reason.

We have wingers coming out of our ears, squad is quite unbalanced. 
We have 6 players who can play out wide when fit. At least one too many. 

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Porteous is an embarrassment to his profession. 

Fucking hell, this is some take, you must still be pished.

Porteous absolutely strolled it today against giants of the game like............Miovski.

you can say what you want about the penalty we were actually awarded but please dont bleat about Hibs winning because it was 100% deserved.

Aberdeen were utter dugshit today, and even when you scored I was confident that we were not losing that game.

Goodwins ludicrous (and, frankly embarassing) tears at full time are only there to mask how completely shit your team and his tactics were today..............

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Porteous absolutely strolled it today against giants of the game like............Miovski.

you can say what you want about the penalty we were actually awarded but please dont bleat about Hibs winning because it was 100% deserved.

Aberdeen were utter dugshit today, and even when you scored I was confident that we were not losing that game.

Goodwins ludicrous (and, frankly embarassing) tears at full time are only there to mask how completely shit your team and his tactics were today..............

Hibs deserved to win the game BECAUSE of the undeserved penalty and resultant sending off. Which part of that don’t you get? We’ll never know how the game would have panned out otherwise. 

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I actually agree with you on our performance and goodwins comments. 

But you lose me at this suggestion hibs would have won regardless of the pen/sending off and that comes across very fanboy. 

Fact is you were 1-0 down and hadn’t really created much of note up until that point, albeit you were on top. My main concern was the number of set pieces you were getting around our box and felt it was likely we’d be undone at one eventually, as was the case (through “clever” means). 

Id like to think that if we got into half time at 1-0 Goodwin would privately realise we needed to get up the pitch and pose more threat. Whether that be an extra man in midfield or another change, we may have done something to address what was happening. That option was taken away from us.

Saying that, our utter surrender at going down to 10 was embarrassing.  

I'm beginning to lose faith in Goodwin. I think we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like these (and Motherwell at home). Another season written off and it's only September.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm beginning to lose faith in Goodwin. I think we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like these (and Motherwell at home). Another season written off and it's only September.

You're right that we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like yesterday's and the Motherwell one, but using the same logic we'll stroll top 6 with results like St Mirren and Livingston. 

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Too early to write anything off but there’s some alarm bells, certainly. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

You're right that we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like yesterday's and the Motherwell one, but using the same logic we'll stroll top 6 with results like St Mirren and Livingston. 

Only seems to happen against 10 men. 

(Same argument could be made in reverse for the Hibs' result, I suppose.)

Need to take points off Hibs and Motherwell (especially at home) as they are top 6 rivals.