The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

^^ what they said. 

Didn't like the look of his cv when he signed. Looked like he'd had his chance but found his level. but it's looked more like he was a championship player who was just down on his luck than the league 2 standard player i'd feared. The fact it was Swindon didn't help. 

Keep them coming. 

What gets me (apart from a hatred of the whole B teams shite) is the seemingly arbitrary decision to have 4 LL teams but only 2 HL teams.

Sure it should be an even number?

Or is this central belt bias at play?

MacDonald signing definitely feels like shades of Hoban after being given a chance by us and the manager selling the club from there.

Perhaps unlikely but getting Pollok on loan for another year would be sensational and actually give us some kind of base to build from.

MacDonald definitely seems to suit being in the middle of a three or five in Robson's system, so I am pleased he is staying.

I think his limitations would become more obvious in a four or with a different style of play, but Robson has so far found a way to get his centre-backs playing to their strengths where Goodwin and Glass both failed. 

Only concern would be that Pollock was found out being right side of a back three against Rangers. At least three goal scoring opportunities down his flank against Rangers , which Celtic or a European side will punish. But fair play to him as a bit of his brain thought about bringing Sakala down but he changed his mind avoiding a certain red card.

2 minutes ago, Jobby1 said:

Only concern would be that Pollock was found out being right side of a back three against Rangers. At least three goal scoring opportunities down his flank against Rangers , which Celtic or a European side will punish. But fair play to him as a bit of his brain thought about bringing Sakala down but he changed his mind avoiding a certain red card.

I don't think he was found out. Just a bad game. 

Looked like he slipped on several occasions. I went full 'yer da' when he came out wearing the same boots and slipped again in the second half.

Under contract next season (442)

Roos (Lewis) 

McCrorie (Richardson) - McDonald-Stewart- McKenzie

Duncan (Morris, Roberts) - Ramadani - Barron-Besuijen (Hayes) 

Miovski - Duk(Bavidge) 

McCrorie reportedly on way, Vinnie under option, presumably looking to sell Barron, interest in Miovski and Duk, Stewart shite, so could be. 

Roos (Lewis) 

Richardson - McDonald- vacancy- McKenzie

Duncan (Morris, Roberts) - Ramadani - vacancy- Hayes

Vacancy - Bavidge

Loans ending:

Gorter

Pollock

Scales

Coulson 

Shinnie

Clarkson 

Mislovic

Markanday

Try to get Shinnie and Scales permanently, Pollock and Clarkson for further year

OOC

Kennedy 

Watkins

McLennan (i think he's still on loan) 

Campbell 

If we lose either or both Miovski or Duk, keep Watkins as cover.  Thank you and good luck to the others. 

Hope our scouts are busy

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

McLennan (i think he's still on loan) 

He is, aye, started our last game.

Not a clue if we'll try to keep him or not, technically we neither have owners or a manager just now, and arent offering anyone deals. Absolutely wouldve if Davidson had stayed, as he fucking loved a below average loanee on a 2yr deal.