The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think miovski would need to improve his output to attract big money but I could see it for duk. 

He’s quite a unique player and not one you see much of anywhere really. 18 goals is only part of the story, he’s such an asset for any counter attacking side in the way he can drag you up the pitch. Classic example is when we went 1-0 up at ibrox early in the season. We were getting battered yet duk was single handedly dragging us up the pitch and into the box before barron eventually finishes. 

He’s a brilliant player, and I may have mentioned once or twice that I love him. 

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

Clubs can get desperate and there is a lot of cash sloshing around these days. I'd still be surprised though.

On top of the 15 players we need to sign recruitment team should also prepare for requirement to bring in a star striker.

A good recruitment strategy should always be ready to move for a player should one of our players be sold.

I’d like to think the new set up has all sorts of lists available.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think miovski would need to improve his output to attract big money but I could see it for duk. 

He’s quite a unique player and not one you see much of anywhere really. 18 goals is only part of the story, he’s such an asset for any counter attacking side in the way he can drag you up the pitch. Classic example is when we went 1-0 up at ibrox early in the season. We were getting battered yet duk was single handedly dragging us up the pitch and into the box before barron eventually finishes. 

He’s a brilliant player, and I may have mentioned once or twice that I love him. 

It’s great credit to the club & the recruitment team that we spent £525k on Miovski & Duk combined, and should be getting about £10m if they were sold.

Ok, 50% of the Duk £6m-£7m would go to Benfica, but still great business & is the template for our recruitment strategy 

More of this please & less of the lower league English signings. 
I get that MacDonald is an anomaly in that, but Morris, Richardson & Roberts beggars belief (£650k combined?!)

More spent on those 3 than Duk & Miovski.  
I think that says everything about where we should be looking most of the time 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

You lads securing 3rd, with European football on the horizon and the riches that come with that must mean some further strengthening this summer? Must be a chance therefore of throwing us a few unwanted players on their way out or a couple of loans.

Read Burrows article in the paper last week saying Dons are rightly staying no to the Conference league and that they are looking at entering a partnership with another SPFL club; any chance that's us? We need a helping hand to get out of the seaside league at first ask given we're splashing the cash on going FT.

40 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You lads securing 3rd, with European football on the horizon and the riches that come with that must mean some further strengthening this summer? Must be a chance therefore of throwing us a few unwanted players on their way out or a couple of loans.

Read Burrows article in the paper last week saying Dons are rightly staying no to the Conference league and that they are looking at entering a partnership with another SPFL club; any chance that's us? We need a helping hand to get out of the seaside league at first ask given we're splashing the cash on going FT.

If you want to keep up your status as the ex-Dons retirement home then Joe Lewis will probably be moving on. 

Connor McLennan and Dean Campbell will probably be released but I don’t think they’d drop to League 1. 

I think we’ll look to loan out Alfie Bavidge who has scored a barrel-load at youth level. I don’t know yet if he can transfer that form into senior football but could be an option.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think you may be surprised. They'll both have gathered many admirers after this season and someone like Southampton may be willing to spend silly money in an attempt to get promoted to the Premiership at first time of asking. If the moneys right Aberdeen will sell. 

I'm ok with Duk being sold as I have faith in the recruitment team (we'd have the funds) to replace him. Just to clarify I don't want him to leave but our model is to develop and sell players on.

Don’t want him to leave but rather we got money for him than he goes for free when his deal is up (can’t see him resigning 🤞) worry to if he runs down his contract we have a player who can’t be arsed for the last 6 months of the season.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My understanding is that the high cut was put in place so that we got Duk on a free from Benfica. They must have been fairly confident that he would make them some money down the line. I'm comfortable with that.

I have a big interest in Portuguese football. Watched the B team when he was there. Benfica have a conveyor belt of young talent streaming off. Would really like if we got a link with them. 

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A good recruitment strategy should always be ready to move for a player should one of our players be sold.

I’d like to think the new set up has all sorts of lists available.

Alex Ferguson once said while Aberdeen manager, that once he had signed a player his first job was to immediately start looking for Thier replacement 

51 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If you want to keep up your status as the ex-Dons retirement home then Joe Lewis will probably be moving on. 

Connor McLennan and Dean Campbell will probably be released but I don’t think they’d drop to League 1. 

I think we’ll look to loan out Alfie Bavidge who has scored a barrel-load at youth level. I don’t know yet if he can transfer that form into senior football but could be an option.

Joe Lewis would be a improvement no doubt on Scott Fox who is infuriating to say that least. Be a significant step down in wages. I'd take Tam on loan instead in all fairness.

Was really hoping we'd stay up and be able to entice a few of the better younger players who's contracts with you are coming to an end. Now we need to sell to a player  a vision that we're going to bounce back and not to take a Championship offer. McLennan and Campbell would have been ones I would have liked, even if the former needs to prove himself. Latter will have aspirations to stay in the SPL or play at a decent level down south I'd imagine.

Could see us enquiring about Bavidge on loan although I agree that a transition from u18 football to L1 isn't easy, one of Hancock or Ngwenya or even Mackenzie if he slips down the pecking order and needs game time. Would still love to see Duncan on loan, until Christmas even, at Cove but that seems implausible now. We'll need quality additions to get back up.

I'm hoping Dons vastly strengthen and the partnership Burrows talks about is with us and that is beneficial for both. Don't like to see young talented players warming the bench but at the same time appreciate it's not easy for them to break through. Robson will give youngsters chances, moreso than others in the past I feel.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Unpopular opinion but I think Miovski is a better footballer than Duk. Yes Duk is quicker, more unpredictable and probably does things Miovski can't. I just think Miovski's penalty box movement and finishing is a level above Duk's. Very different types of players and there probably is the opportunity for Duk to become more refined. 

27 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Unpopular opinion but I think Miovski is a better footballer than Duk. Yes Duk is quicker, more unpredictable and probably does things Miovski can't. I just think Miovski's penalty box movement and finishing is a level above Duk's. Very different types of players and there probably is the opportunity for Duk to become more refined. 

They are both brilliant footballers and weve done well to get hold of them. Both deserve to be offered improved terms.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

It's interesting you say that about Bavidge.

As per normal with young players from youth team that show a hint of talent, the fans have been wanting Robson to throw them on,  in this case, at the expense of Watkins.

However, I watched Bavidge give up on a ball against Hearts when I thought he was in position to chase and challenge.

Perhaps a spell down the leagues, maybe at Sevcove, would improve workrate and hunger.

I'm not saying he's lazy, I've barely seen him play, but that incident was right in front of Robson so I can understand that Robson may think he isn't ready for more minutes in the first team yet.

Of course, drawing conclusions from one incident is dubious, and he might go and have a terrifc preseason and start seeing more minutes.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

As per normal with young players from youth team that show a hint of talent, the fans have been wanting Robson to throw them on,  in this case, at the expense of Watkins.

However, I watched Bavidge give up on a ball against Hearts when I thought he was in position to chase and challenge.

Perhaps a spell down the leagues, maybe at Sevcove, would improve workrate and hunger.

I'm not saying he's lazy, I've barely seen him play, but that incident was right in front of Robson so I can understand that Robson may think he isn't ready for more minutes in the first team yet.

Of course, drawing conclusions from one incident is dubious, and he might go and have a terrifc preseason and start seeing more minutes.

He should follow in his dad's footsteps.  Balmoor is waiting.

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think a spell on loan where he’s likely to play regularly, would do him more good than a random 5 minutes here & there with us.

League One - Cove? 

A higher standard than the Development League. 

A trip to London at the end of pre-season.

Early July - training camp in Portugal

Wednesday 12th July v Turriff United FC

Saturday 15th July v Fraserburgh FC

Saturday 29th July v Charlton Athletic FC

I hadn't realised how much later our European matches will be this year.  Conference League QR3 starts on August 10th, and August 24th for the Europa League playoffs.

DId we start our campaign in June one season under McInnes?

Edited by O_Kahn

15 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

A trip to London at the end of pre-season.

Early July - training camp in Portugal

Wednesday 12th July v Turriff United FC

Saturday 15th July v Fraserburgh FC

Saturday 29th July v Charlton Athletic FC

I hadn't realised how much later our European matches will be this year.  Conference League QR3 starts on August 10th, and August 24th for the Europa League playoffs.

DId we start our campaign in June one season under McInnes?

I’m sure we played a European Qualifier even before the World Cup had even finished one year.