The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Read on the Dundee forum that you lot are willing to let Scott Wright go for nothing, but would insist on a massive sell on %. I'd happily accept that. Do you guys think that's something that's a possibility?

Yes think it would be a good move for both if happens,how are you fixed for Center backs? We have one am sure could help you,drive him down to Dens myself.(gAsh Taylor)

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He can be very, very good. Other times he can just go hiding. Far too inconsistent, but that could be down to a lack of games.

I think that's basically the answer we gave to the Dundee fans who asked us what he was like.

I can understand all the hate on Ash. But was he really that bad? He was part of a very decent side we had at the time, but I think it just proves the market we are shopping in. We don't have millions at our disposal. I will hold back slandering him at this point, to see who else comes in & if indeed he will be a first choice.

Hedges looks to have decent pedigree, but the opinions of some Barnsley fans that I have read regarding him, have not been very good, but I'm sure they think, that they are some kind of superior club, compaired to Aberdeen. 

With Hedges coming in, we’ve got three first team wingers signed up, Ross and Wright as backups and GMS lingering around too. As Ross has just signed his new deal, it looks like Wright is the one who’ll be bottom of the pile. Letting him go for free with a sell on clause would seem the obvious option here. He has a lot of potential, he’s had his moments for both Dundee and Aberdeen. McLennan’s really shown him up though, much much more consistent since breaking through.

9 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

With Hedges coming in, we’ve got three first team wingers signed up, Ross and Wright as backups and GMS lingering around too. As Ross has just signed his new deal, it looks like Wright is the one who’ll be bottom of the pile. Letting him go for free with a sell on clause would seem the obvious option here. He has a lot of potential, he’s had his moments for both Dundee and Aberdeen. McLennan’s really shown him up though, much much more consistent since breaking through.

On top of McGinn, McLennan and Hedges i'd suspect we bring in one more (GMS? Barker? Conway? loaner?)

Ethan Ross and Frank Ross as backup beyond those first four and more suited to playing in the reserves.

Wright will do well to survive past deadline day

6 minutes ago, d31 said:

On top of McGinn, McLennan and Hedges i'd suspect we bring in one more (GMS? Barker? Conway? loaner?)

Ethan Ross and Frank Ross as backup beyond those first four and more suited to playing in the reserves.

Wright will do well to survive past deadline day

Isn't Ethan going to play more through the middle the more he's integrated?

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The Famous Aberdeen Twatter brigade writing the c**t off already 

Twitter is such a cesspool 

Can't wait for the hoofball we're going to play next season, the criticism the club is getting is well fucking deserved.

Genuinely wish him all the best.  I was one of the few who liked him but, aye, fair to say I'm stunned he's got a gig at Pittodrie.

@capt_oats - Can you post a GIF of his second goal at Hampden just to remind the Aberdeen fans how good he can be?  Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

Genuinely wish him all the best.  I was one of the few who liked him but, aye, fair to say I'm stunned he's got a gig at Pittodrie.

@capt_oats - Can you post a GIF of his second goal at Hampden just to remind the Aberdeen fans how good he can be?  Many thanks!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[mention=26104]capt_oats[/mention] - Can you post a GIF of his second goal at Hampden just to remind the Aberdeen fans how good he can be?  Many thanks!

I’m with Desp on this one. Quite liked the guy and couldn’t fault his effort but for the last 12 months it’s genuinely looked like he’d never score another goal, ever.

You boys better hope Cosgrove wasn’t just having a purple patch around Christmas because I don’t expect Main or May will be chipping in. I’m genuinely quite intrigued by McInnes’ thinking with this one.

I also quite liked Main, can't fault the effort from the guy, but a striker that doesn't score goals isn't of much value (watch him bang in 20 next season now).
It will be interesting to see how Turbull and his role within the team changes with Main not being there.