Heart of Midlothian 2014-

32 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Mind when Hibs fans used to be fairly decent posters? Jesus suffering Christ

Yep, yer man what's his face is not getting exactly what he is asking for, or anything.  It's those big bad Hibbys.

I've been here 2 minutes and it's abundantly clear this board will be the better for his departure downstairs.  A tedious bore.  

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The last thing this forum needs is another interminable “it was the Company not the Club” argument so can we just pretend this was never mentioned

Just in case anyone would be tempted by such an argument, the company (The Hibernian Football Club SC005323) wasn't liquidated in the 90s either.

Anyway I thought I might Try to derail this thread onto the topic of Hearts

Obviously there's going to be some changes to the squad by the time we can next play football.

Some players may take the option of moving on whether Hearts want to keep them or not but the following are, according to transfermarkt, out of contract/End of loan this summer and decisions will need to be made about whether to try and retain them

Goal Keepers: Joel Pereira, Colin Doyle

Defenders: Clevid Dikamona, Jamie Brandon, Toby Sibbick

Midfield: Marcel Langer, Ryo Meshino, Oliver Bozanic, Lewis Moore, Donis Avdijaj

My hot takes

I doubt there are going to be many people getting upset if Pereira & Doyle go off to pastures new

Sibbick, Langer, & Avdijaj were signed in the break and we never really got to see what they were like. Sibbick looked really useful briefly and then (like everyone that has looked useful for Hearts over the last two years) got injured. 

Ryo Meshino is in a weird position he's under contract at the Etihad till 2022 but is clearly not going to get a game for man city. It's safe to say he'll go on loan somewhere else.

If you saw through Clevid Dikamona's leg it will say "Jambo Soldier"  all the way through and he'll probably still put in a better game on the other leg than Berra did against Hibs. I want him to stay

Has anybody every been excited to see Oliver Bozanic on a team sheet? Hearts transition from really rather good at the start of last season to a bit shit thereafter is closely correlated to the enforced deputation of Bozanic for Haring

Similarly Jamie Brandon's appearance on team sheet generally meant the Michael Smith was unavailable or having to fill in elsewhere

Lewis Moore is 22 if it was going to happen it would probably have happened by now.

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously there's going to be some changes to the squad by the time we can next play football.

Some players may take the option of moving on whether Hearts want to keep them or not but the following are, according to transfermarkt, out of contract/End of loan this summer and decisions will need to be made about whether to try and retain them

Midfield: Marcel Langer, Ryo Meshino, Oliver Bozanic, Lewis Moore, Donis Avdijaj

My hot takes

I doubt there are going to be many people getting upset if Pereira & Doyle go off to pastures new

Sibbick, Langer, & Avdijaj were signed in the break and we never really got to see what they were like. Sibbick looked really useful briefly and then (like everyone that has looked useful for Hearts over the last two years) got injured. 

Ryo Meshino is in a weird position he's under contract at the Etihad till 2022 but is clearly not going to get a game for man city. It's safe to say he'll go on loan somewhere else.

If you saw through Clevid Dikamona's leg it will say "Jambo Soldier"  all the way through and he'll probably still put in a better game on the other leg than Berra did against Hibs. I want him to stay

Has anybody every been excited to see Oliver Bozanic on a team sheet? Hearts transition from really rather good at the start of last season to a bit shit thereafter is closely correlated to the enforced deputation of Bozanic for Haring

Similarly Jamie Brandon's appearance on team sheet generally meant the Michael Smith was unavailable or having to fill in elsewhere

Lewis Moore is 22 if it was going to happen it would probably have happened by now.

Snog, marry or kill

33 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My hot takes

Doon.

Doon Doon Doon.

Yer goin’ Doon.

Doon.

My hot takes

Dikamona, Sibbick and Langer are the only ones I’d keep. Not seen enough from the latter two to make me hate them yet and thought Clevid done a job when he played. Bozanic
Meshino would be nice to get back in loan but we’ll see. Bozanic I wouldn’t be annoyed if we kept but if we kept Langer, Sibbick, Haring can play again, still have Irving then I’m not too worried if he goes.
There’s a lot of junk still with time left on their contracts.

53 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My hot takes

At the time the decision needs to be made, unless it looks like a certainty that games can be played in front of crowds before 2021, release everybody that can be released. Clubs like Hearts (and Hibs and Aberdeen) can't sustain the best part of £1m per month running costs

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Dikamona, Sibbick and Langer are the only ones I’d keep. Not seen enough from the latter two to make me hate them yet and thought Clevid done a job when he played. Bozanic
Meshino would be nice to get back in loan but we’ll see. Bozanic I wouldn’t be annoyed if we kept but if we kept Langer, Sibbick, Haring can play again, still have Irving then I’m not too worried if he goes.
There’s a lot of junk still with time left on their contracts.

Dikamoma left the club entirely, would keep Sibbick if we can but Langer didn’t look so good whenever I’ve seen him play. Would love if Bozanic stays seems like he’d be good in the championship as he was only average in the premiership. With Meshino only god knows what will happen but his effort was appreciated I guess. And Irving will grow to be a decent player for us I reckon.

Dikamoma left the club entirely, would keep Sibbick if we can but Langer didn’t look so good whenever I’ve seen him play. Would love if Bozanic stays seems like he’d be good in the championship as he was only average in the premiership. With Meshino only god knows what will happen but his effort was appreciated I guess. And Irving will grow to be a decent player for us I reckon.

Rather than giving up half his contract like Naismith or 30% Dikamona tore up the whole contract but he is up for signing a new one in the future when there’s finally some football to be played.

At least that pretty much what he said on Twitter at the time

IMG_1050.thumb.jpg.906bfd7c6068951fcaee4afb8fb99981.jpg

17 minutes ago, Fashanu said:

Relegated twice in 6 years.  Oooft that must hurt.  

One due to points deduction and having to go through a whole season with kids

the second due to a virus, I’m not overly bitter

3 minutes ago, Navallion said:

One due to points deduction and having to go through a whole season with kids following years of money laundering from Lithuania 

the second due to virus,  Anne Budge and Craig Levein, I’m not overly bitter

FTFY

16 minutes ago, Navallion said:

One due to points deduction and having to go through a whole season with kids

the second due to a virus, I’m not overly bitter

Nothing to do with being the worst team in the league for about a year then?  

It doesn’t show, it’s all good ;)  

2 minutes ago, Fashanu said:

Nothing to do with being the worst team in the league for about a year then?  

It doesn’t show, it’s all good ;)  

As for now yes but who knows what would of happened otherwise