Sportsound Watch

9 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Last night 25 minutes of analysis on the Rangers/Aberdeen game and only 4 minutes of analysis (if you can call it that) on Accies draw versus Saints. Chick Young basically got a minute or so each with the managers post game. It was pissing it down and he ended interviews abruptly.

That was pretty good of them, considering they never bothered mentioning the first 20 minutes of our game on the radio yesterday 

Not listened yet but the synopsis is described as 'we debated Rangers performance at pittodrie and debated mark warburtons tactics'

I don't know if this is as one sided as it sounds and this probably comes across as really petty but how difficult would it be to have 'we debated Sunday's clash between Aberdeen and Rangers'?

No doubt the rest of the matches are also effectively ignored specifically Hamilton saints which seems to have been completely lost in the media

Dinna waste your time min, got through about 4 minutes of the podcast this morning. Deleted when the full balanced panel of Richard Wilson, Keith Jackson and Derek Ferguson were revealed. Utter pish, no intention of finding out but I hope they were seething.

You just saved me an hour of my life cheers [emoji106]????

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Dinna waste your time min, got through about 4 minutes of the podcast this morning. Deleted when the full balanced panel of Richard Wilson, Keith Jackson and Derek Ferguson were revealed. Utter pish, no intention of finding out but I hope they were seething.

The 3 biggest **** the BBC could come up with .  Bravo lads.

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Willie Miller fits into that Scottish football pundit/journalist mentality I've noted before: all will be well if the top tier has 3 Glasgow clubs, 2 Edinburgh clubs, 2 Dundee clubs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and (if we really have to go with 12 clubs instead of 10) a pair of others from the central belt...

Hibs and Dundee Utd are at the level their results have justified.

Not Sportsound, but David Tanner on Sky promoted the upcoming Hibs v Dundee Utd game by saying "both are playing out of their division".

No they're not. Both were deservedly relegated, and one has deservedly stayed down for three seasons hence, because both weren't good enough for the top flight. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Not Sportsound, but David Tanner on Sky promoted the upcoming Hibs v Dundee Utd game by saying "both are playing out of their division".

No they're not. Both were deservedly relegated, and one has deservedly stayed down for three seasons hence, because both weren't good enough for the top flight. 

TBF some of our performances would suggest we may be a league higher than we should be.

Another 40 mins about Rangers last night. They openly don't care now by looks of things. Keith Jackson, Richard Wilson and Derek Johnston.
I mean come on? Why can't they do an hour of radio and mix up the topics? Talk about the entire league like the English do on their daily podcasts? There is plenty to talk about.
Embarrassing!

Also Wilson is really beginning to irritate me. I didn't mind him last year. But he truly thinks he knows it all!

Another 40 mins about Rangers last night. They openly don't care now by looks of things. Keith Jackson, Richard Wilson and Derek Johnston.
I mean come on? Why can't they do an hour of radio and mix up the topics? Talk about the entire league like the English do on their daily podcasts? There is plenty to talk about.
Embarrassing!

Also Wilson is really beginning to irritate me. I didn't mind him last year. But he truly thinks he knows it all!

Richard Wilson is s9meone i just disliked from the off, he just looks and sounds very slimey.

2 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Especially as the BBC has (in theory) a duty not just to copy commercial broadcasters' output. Let's face it, there is ample opportunity to hear Rangers (and Celtic) being discussed every night on Clyde or Talksport, so it's a bit poor to say the least that the BBC make no effort to plug the gaps that these types of stations leave and talk about the Non-OF teams and *gasp* lower division stuff regularly. Sportsound's retreat back into parochial Old Firm world has been disappointing this season.

I can guess what they spoke about without even listening. All sooked Warb's boaby, shat themselves to criticise the mince job hes doing and spent an hour laughing at their own shite jokes and trotting out the cliches "needs time" "take their chances "individual errors" "rub of the green".

Sportsound has genuinely become as bad as Radio Clyde, I never thought I'd see the day. It was never perfect, but you got some semblence of balance and coverage for the other clubs in between the backslapping. It has nothing now.

A bit of a tinfoil hat comment from me here, but if I didn't know any better, the bosses at the BBC/Daily Record/Sun etc are reading this thread, the Sportscene thread and the terrible journalism thread, and trolling us.

It's gotten ridiculous in the last year or so.  Sportsound is almost literally a Rangers podcast now, as mentioned above.  The Record is a Rangers fanzine, it always has been.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

A bit of a tinfoil hat comment from me here, but if I didn't know any better, the bosses at the BBC/Daily Record/Sun etc are reading this thread, the Sportscene thread and the terrible journalism thread, and trolling us.

I think it's more mundane than that. BBC Scotland, whether in news, sport, politics or whatever is led by the print media and they seem to base their "lines" on whatever is in the papers that day. When the papers, for depressingly understandable reasons, cover nothing but Rangers and Celtic, then the easy option for the BBC is to take those lines and run with them. Given that Rangers being "back" and Brendan having Celtic playing well are the only stories in town these days, the BBC has blindly fallen into line. 

No conspiracies, just a really substandard national broadcaster that doesn't get out of the "G" postcode as much as it ought to.