Sportsound Watch

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And the coward, bigoted morons that support Sevco actually think the BBC is against them :lol:

In reality, the BBC are the biggest Rangers propaganda machine going.

Every football show they make is centred around them.

Chick Young writes a weekly column for the Paisley Daily Express. In today's edition he focuses on why Jim Duffy should be Scotland manager. Sadly there's no online version.

It's not sad at all. It means I can't accidentally click on any of his inane fucktardly verbal diarrhoea.

Guess which "retired" Sportsound contributor told everyone earlier that he was about to fall asleep at the QOS game, and that the Liverpool-Man Utd game on Monday was actually pretty good, before reporting on a Barcelona goal because there was "nothing happening" in the game he was actually attending?

I'm pretty certain there's a poster on here who has a quote in their signature from Chick Young in 1994 or something saying Jim Duffy is a fine young coach and he wouldn't be surprised to see him managing Scotland one day.

Bit late to this but it was Ron Dixon that said that.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Guess which "retired" Sportsound contributor told everyone earlier that he was about to fall asleep at the QOS game, and that the Liverpool-Man Utd game on Monday was actually pretty good, before reporting on a Barcelona goal because there was "nothing happening" in the game he was actually attending?

Tricky one.

I only caught him at the end insisting he'd watched a good game.  His general manner did nothing to lift my overall gloom about what he was describing.

Chico was on OTB (or possibly Sportscene) recently biffing on about how he was allowed 15 minutes with Pele prior to the opening game of the 1998 World Cup, and instead of, y'know, asking him some questions, got him to sign a football. Seemed pretty proud of this.

Given that he's "retired", I assume every time he's on the wireless now it's as a contractor on a whopping day rate.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's just a daftie.

I can't believe he keeps getting handed a microphone.

Kills the flow of the show for me. Drones on. Guys like McManus are superb fresh in the door modern views and witty need more younger guys in desperately IMO 

I don't mind auld chick. He's mellowed over the years into a kind of caricature of himself. Doesn't take himself too seriously anymore and more than happy to have the piss taken as well.

Too easy a hate figure imo.

Burchill had me raging a few weeks ago by basically insisting that you had to be an ex footballer to get the point he was making. I think Tom English had just shat on his corn flakes and this was his defence mechanism.