Sportsound Watch

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:26, DA Baracus said:

I’m starting to suspect that Tam Cowan doesn’t go to games, or at least hasn’t been to one in years.

Some of the pish he comes out with makes me wonder. They had a feature on songs you don’t hear at the football anymore. A good half of them, at least, I hear quite regularly at games. He also said that Morton vs Falkirk could be a sellout due to the McKinnon stuff. Fucking nonsense. The crowd will be only a bit above the normal size if it’s bigger at all. Does he actually have a clue about football? Perhaps he’s just too busy becoming a bigger sycophant towards Sevco and Celtic?

I gather Off the Ball is a strictly factual programme where no-one involved in it ever dares utter things like jokes.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Wow listening to the first couple of minutes and Kris Commons just doesn't grasp anything whatsoever and should be nowhere near a broadcasting job.

You're welcome.

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

John Hughes ruling himself out of applying for the St. Mirren job because his missus wouldn't want to relocate to Paisley.

Thank f**k.

Which is bullshit from Yogi as he took the Inverness job and his wife stayed in Edinburgh whilst he rented a cottage in Fortrose. He could fucking commute to Paisley if she didn't want to move. Ruling himself out on that basis so it doesn't look bad for him when he's not considered for it.

I don't get the seethe surrounding David Currie. He's far better than Kenny Macintyre, IMO.

I wonder if they're going to give Stephen Thompson more a presenting gig. He sounded good doing the post game stuff yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

I don't get the seethe surrounding David Currie. He's far better than Kenny Macintyre, IMO.

I wonder if they're going to give Stephen Thompson more a presenting gig. He sounded good doing the post game stuff yesterday. 

I have definitely turned around my opinion on Stephen Thompson since he stopped playing. I’ve got a lot of time for him these days. Going back to last night’s show and John “Yogi” Hughes performance. For the whole hour he said SPL instead of Premiership, and also for the whole hour he said First Division instead of Championship. Not I’m not saying that I agree with what the different divisions are called, but that’s what they are called. It does my freaking head in when people don’t use the correct names. Also Hughes constant matey terms, Stubbsie and Stokesy  are two that stand out from last night. Also, Stokesy is apparently a loveable rogue.

On 27/08/2018 at 17:41, pandarilla said:

There's no way you could tell the difference.

On 27/08/2018 at 10:51, Loonytoons said:
On 27/08/2018 at 10:41, Darren said:
Michael Stewart was constantly saying "would of" during the Celtic game the other night. He's so clever and articulate.

Would've is phonetically identical and grammatically correct. How do you know he was using "would of"?

Because the idiot types like this.

Capture.JPG

I have definitely turned around my opinion on Stephen Thompson since he stopped playing. I’ve got a lot of time for him these days. Going back to last night’s show and John “Yogi” Hughes performance. For the whole hour he said SPL instead of Premiership, and also for the whole hour he said First Division instead of Championship. Not I’m not saying that I agree with what the different divisions are called, but that’s what they are called. It does my freaking head in when people don’t use the correct names. Also Hughes constant matey terms, Stubbsie and Stokesy  are two that stand out from last night. Also, Stokesy is apparently a loveable rogue.

Absolutely this. “PunditSpeak” is just another wee addition to the race to the bottom (even although it’s been around for yonks)......obviously not helped by John Hughes’ “pillow-in-mooth” delivery...........🤢

On 9/4/2018 at 18:43, Arch Stanton said:

John Hughes ruling himself out of applying for the St. Mirren job because his missus wouldn't want to relocate to Paisley.

Thank f**k.

I assume he still lives in the Edinburgh/Lothians area.  Could he not just drive through everyday?  It's not far.

7 hours ago, mozam76 said:

"Far better than Kenny Macintyre" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

FWIW, Currie is also better than Jane Lewis, but still fucking dreadful.

Got to be honest, I'm not sure Currie is actually better than McIntyre. And McImtyre is dreadful.

Currie handles it like a chat in the boozer, constantly interrupting people mid-thought with some 'banterish' pish.

Plus point, interesting to hear Gary Holt being quite upfront about the advantages to the home side of an artificial pitch.