Sportsound Watch

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

If you were a player, would you sign a contract that said 'we'll pay you £x pw if we're in the Championship or we'll release you immediately if we get relegated in the September play-offs'?

Depended upon what the alternative offer (if any) was.

I havent done the arithmetic but presumably all the bottom six teams could have finished bottom, they have already been paid that money, they would get no more.  Motherwell could still finish 6th, they would get no more money.
Yes, 6th is the lowest position Motherwell could finish but technically Aberdeen could miss out on the top six and even finish close to the bottom if they lost every remaining game. Motherwell, Celtic and Rangers were all paid based on a 6th placed finish but all the other clubs (including Aberdeen) were paid for 12th position. If anything, Celtic and Rangers are the ones hard done to as they could argue their lowest possible positions are 2nd and 3rd respectively and could have been paid out on that basis.

Rod Petrie has just said - I assume seriously - that the SFA want the 2 cup semi finals and the final to be played, whether that’s in 2021 or whenever. If that’s possible, why are the SPFL not having all the promotion/relegation play-offs played, based on current positions?

Delete your profile now.

21 minutes ago, ropy said:

Had you won more games?

Fairly sure BSC Glasgow outperformed Hearts in terms of wins. They went through 4 rounds.

Scenes when Hearts fans demand that's how the Scottish Cup is settled only to lose that too.

33 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Tam McManus dishing out telts now (Need to post this on 3 seperate threads as it's being discussed on each FS):

English' retort is pathetic.

If you can dish it, you can take it back.

A quick check shows that Tom is right, Tam has changed his tune pretty quickly. 

The rest of today's program described the horrific outlook for Scottish football. But our 'knowledgeable' pundits only want to argue about the difference between a loan and an advance. And they get that wrong.

However the exception is Mikey who starts every sentence reminding us how he called whatever the subject is, correctly weeks ago.

Just now, bennett said:

If you can dish it, you can take it back.

A quick check shows that Tom is right, Tam has changed his tune pretty quickly. 

Bennett take Rangers/Celtic loyalties out of the equation for once FFS. You don't need to form your opinion on whatever your club's opinion is FFS.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Bennett take Rangers/Celtic loyalties out of the equation for once FFS. You don't need to form your opinion on whatever your club's opinion is FFS.

The irony.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The irony.

There's nothing ironic about it. It's something Rangers and Celtic fans consistently do. They let the clubs beliefs dictate their lives - even away from football. It's fucking shameful.

English furiously back tracking was mint entertainment.

Willie Miller has started whistling thru his teeth every time he says "s" like an old man.

Great listening, total car crash stuff.

Plus was it Dodds I think, never caught the intro- what do you think? "I just, dont know, I'm not sure." Riviting, well thought out debate, fucking pancake. 

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

There's nothing ironic about it. It's something Rangers and Celtic fans consistently do. They let the clubs beliefs dictate their lives - even away from football. It's fucking shameful.

It's what you've been doing all day on multiple threads.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's what you've been doing all day on multiple threads.

Eh?

What has the issue of loans/advance payments got to do with Dundee?

5 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

English furiously back tracking was mint entertainment.

Willie Miller has started whistling thru his teeth every time he says "s" like an old man.

Great listening, total car crash stuff.

Plus was it Dodds I think, never caught the intro- what do you think? "I just, dont know, I'm not sure." Riviting, well thought out debate, fucking pancake. 

Think it was McCann.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

It's come down to a silly semantic argument about what constitutes a loan/advance, etc - I think the whole loan thing may be bit of a red herring.

Interesting that the loans story broke just ahead of Doncaster finally giving an interview - relatively easy questions for him to answer repeatedly. 

My bet would be that the SPFL "advance" the fee to the begging club in the form of a "loan" repayable on the Monday following the last day of the season. Neither word is really right or wrong and both sides of the argument that suits them best.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson