Sportsound Watch

I just listened to the podcast with the "what about Joey Barton's French accent".
To be be pair to the poster that called it out.
It was a least 5 mins after that part of the conversion had moved on. Out the blue (pun intended)

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Enthusiasm for Scottish football and the ability to speak English properly should be the two basic requirements of the job. I don't mind Derek Ferguson but someone give him some pointers, FFS.

Absolutely spot on. It's the radio for goodness sake. It's purely auditory communication. I don't care if it's 'just the fitba' or not the ability to speak English properly should be an essential and is a tad more important than who you played for. Our national broadcaster shouldn't being going down the Micky Quinn route. 

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Steven Thompson saying things like "apparently" and "it would seem so" when getting asked about the Rangers-Dunfermline game. Are they still pretending to not be watching the games at Ibrox?

I had the radio on in the kitchen when they started describing from the studio what the goals were like.  I did think it was painfully obvious that they were trying to hide the fact the were watching the same dodgy stream I had on.

I didn't exactly mean it that way.
It was more that they shouldn't be saying "apparently" when describing everything that happens just because they're watching it on a stream. Just describe what's happening. You don't have to pretend that because you're not physically at Ibrox that you're not watching the game when you clearly are.

You're forgetting "by all accounts"

I think last night after describing in great detail Alves' free kick, he ended it after a bit of a pause by saying "by all accounts".

I just listened to the podcast on my way into work this morning and his opening line of his match report was "by all accounts rangers were very good"

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Since Rangers have such a beef with BBC Scotland, shouldn't they refuse their subscription?  Or is it money before principles?

Neither have principles in all honesty.

The reality is that Rangers want to ban a particular BBC reporter from Ibrox.  The BBC are not prepared to be dictated to in this way, so won't send anyone.

The crime of the BBC reporter in question, was to mention sectarian singing by Rangers supporters.  Rather than address that issue meaningfully, Rangers would prefer to have the messenger shot.

The reality is that Rangers want to ban a particular BBC reporter from Ibrox.  The BBC are not prepared to be dictated to in this way, so won't send anyone.
The crime of the BBC reporter in question, was to mention sectarian singing by Rangers supporters.  Rather than address that issue meaningfully, Rangers would prefer to have the messenger shot.

The BBC seem to have some horrible addiction to Rangers, despite all that s nastiness.

BBC Scotland and Sevco deserve each other. A pair of horrible c***s.

Walter Smith utterly bullied and humiliated Chic Young in an interview, to the point where I even felt sorry for him. Despite this, Chic continued/continues to worship him on all levels.

It tells you everything you need to know about his pathetic little character.