Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Because Cormack had been calling him asking to be kept in the loop. He's just confirmed that, despite Tom English trying to get him to say something else.

We now have done spoon from Falkirk talking about completing .the league.

Jesus

and is that a fair way to run the ballot?

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Because Cormack had been calling him asking to be kept in the loop. He's just confirmed that, despite Tom English trying to get him to say something else.

We now have done spoon from Falkirk talking about completing .the league.

Jesus

Doncaster's involvement in the vote is highly questionable.

Cormack is now in agreement rangers and Hearts that an investigation is required. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

That was a reasonable question.

The key is "if" they plan to play the Scottish Cup...

It's not a reasonable question at all. The 2019/20 Scottish Cup semis and final can very easily be played during the 2020/21 season. Clearly the play-offs cannot.

It's not a reasonable question at all. The 2019/20 Scottish Cup semis and final can very easily be played during the 2020/21 season. Clearly the play-offs cannot.
Fair point.

Was that pointed out be anyone? I've only recently turned over.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I wasn't aware Hearts had signed Tom English onto the payroll.........

His inner journalist seems to have been awakened after going through the motions for years.

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Richard Gordon has been an embarrassing, squirming mess all afternoon. An SPFL sycophant.

I think he's trying to provide BBC impartiality and play the Devil's Advocate.

Other than that weird comment about the Scottish Cup was quite impressed with what the Falkirk Chairman has to say.

19 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Exactly - just collect the votes, and announce the result. 

Correct that’s the way it should have been done No votes counted till they were all the votes were cast 

By counting the votes as they came in allowed pressure if required to be put on the clubs that had yet to cast a vote

Step forward Mr Lawwell 

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I wonder if Cormack will regret that wee revelation :lol:

An unnecessary nugget of information that will get scrutinised to potentially unearth more skullduggery 

As I mentioned upthread I was a bit disappointed in Cormack - he seemed to let his words be turned inside out by Tom English - and even when he gave the rationale for the phone call he didnt kill it stone dead.......not because he thought there was anything untoward, he was just wrapped around TE little finger.

All very odd for a very successful businessman who must have had to deal with radges like English in the past.

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Correct that’s the way it should have been done No votes counted till they were all the votes were cast 

By counting the votes as they came in allowed pressure if required to be put on the clubs that had yet to cast a vote

Step forward Mr Lawwell 

Just to be 100% clear, clubs did not have to vote Yes or No.

It was a resolution and hence required a certain number of Yes votes to carry. Ergo not voting or a No carry the same weight.

The SPFL asked for votes by the Friday 5pm in order to try to get a result out ASAP, but all the clubs knew that they have 28 days as usual.

Waiting until all votes were cast is not necessary, as not all votes are required to pass the resolution.

Where the SPFL screwed up was in relation to the Dundee situation - Dundee absolutely played the SPFL and the other clubs No clubs in the Championship brilliantly, and now have their Reconstruction task force in place. A classic Machiavellian move but not one which has endeared them to the other clubs.